SPF Plus tool

Chengooi
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 2003

SPF Plus tool

Post by Chengooi »

Has anyone uses SPF Plus tool to supplement TM1 ?
The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.
e e cummings (1894-1962)
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: SPF Plus tool

Post by Alan Kirk »

Chengooi wrote:Has anyone uses SPF Plus tool to supplement TM1 ?
Admin note: Moved from the General forum (which is for things which are NOT specific to any particular tool) to the TM1 forum (since SPF Plus is specific to TM1).

We're still using the Beachware tool which became (with a number of extensions over the years) SPF Plus (or Calumo for TM1, as it's now known) Reporting & Analysis. We had what evolved into Planning & Forecasting as well, but no-one ever really used it.

What specifically do you want to know?
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
Chengooi

Post by Chengooi »

sorry for coming back late. I missed my posted topic and knew now it was moved!! :oops:

I had many experiences the clear button from the RA tool bar did not clear the cube values whether it's a numeric or string cube.

When the button was cleared all all parameters were chosen, knowing no dimension, cube, or elements were locked, can see the process bar was moving accordingly but when the task completed, gone back to check the cube, data was not cleared.

Sometimes, with luck, I shut down excel and computer gave it a good re-start and repeat the same process as above, it works a treat, but sometimes, no luck at all, cube data remain.

Luckily I had an alternate/backup plan when it did not work, I had toe xport ascii the data to a cma file , if the data size are huge, I had to use enterprise manager to clear transform the values to zero, saved it as new file and then use a TI process to upload the zero values back to cube to clear / zero our the cube data.

It was supposed to be a 5 min job but turn out 15 mins. My experiences told me the clear button is not reliable and I better pray before using it. :(

I wonder if anyone else had experienced the same? :(
e e cummings (1894-1962)
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Post by Steve Rowe »

Try using the ViewZeorOut command in TI as well, much easier than ASCIIOuput and so on
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
Chengooi

Post by Chengooi »

I thought about that already , the problem is the view is not savable.
In order to save the view, I had to play around with the config file MaximumViewSize= parameter.
and wil never get what I wanted. :x
e e cummings (1894-1962)
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Post by Steve Rowe »

Again use the export as ascii option to create the view. You never need to get to TM1 to deliver it to the client
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
Martin Ryan
Site Admin
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2010

Post by Martin Ryan »

Hi Cheengoi,

I know you work for one of the tightest banks in NZ, and that you're leaving TM1 soon, but it might be a good idea to get yourself on some training - or at least suggest it for the next person who'll replace you. It really sounds like you've been left hanging in the wind when you haven't received the training to do some of the most frequent administration tasks like ViewZeroOut and creating views with the Ascii extract tool.

It'll save your bosses money in the long run as you won't have to run around trying to find ways of doing things and will be more productive.

If you'd like I can PM you the names of three organisations/people in Auckland who can arrange training for you.

Cheers,
Martin
Please do not send technical questions via private message or email. Post them in the forum where you'll probably get a faster reply, and everyone can benefit from the answers.
Jodi Ryan Family Lawyer
Chengooi

Post by Chengooi »

Thanks Martin.

What does PM stands for and yes I like FOC=Free of charge training, in fact I am not giving up TM1 as yet, it is a very good business tool!

I am a very productive staff despite all the pain, please view my CV posted on
http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~chengooi/mycv

Thanks again , much appreciated to your advice from the bottom of my heart! :)
e e cummings (1894-1962)
Martin Ryan
Site Admin
Version: 10.1

Post by Martin Ryan »

PM = Private Message.

I've no doubt you're a very hard worker. That's not necessarily the same as productive.

I'm not going to be able to find you free training, but if the bank is interested in realising its investment in you and in especially TM1, and if they want to minimise the risk associated with the tool they should be looking at getting you some training.

Martin
Please do not send technical questions via private message or email. Post them in the forum where you'll probably get a faster reply, and everyone can benefit from the answers.
Jodi Ryan Family Lawyer
Steve Vincent
Site Admin
Version: 10.2.2 FP1

Post by Steve Vincent »

Liken it to flying a fighter plane. You wouldn't spend millions on a new plane then ask someone with no training to go and fly it, that would just end up in a broken plane and most likely a broken pilot too. Your company must have spent a good deal on TM1 and they'd be wasting all that if they didn't give their staff the training for it. :)
If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.
Production: Planning Analytics 64 bit 2.0.5, Windows 2016 Server. Excel 2016, IE11 for t'internet
Chengooi

Post by Chengooi »

we have all the $ for training, it is not $ issue guys.
Thanks for your replies and support.
I am a hardworker and productive. ;)
e e cummings (1894-1962)