user's subset in use with slice application

fede.viva

user's subset in use with slice application

Post by fede.viva »

Is there a solution to implements user's subset creation for their use in my "slice obtained" application?
David Usherwood
Site Admin

Re: user's subset in use with slice application

Post by David Usherwood »

Fede, I (and probably other) forumers who (typically) respond to queries will be baffled by yours. I'm guessing you are Italian. If you would care to repost in that language, or to send me a message, I will do what I can. Posso parlare un po' d'italiano ma non molto :)
Steve Vincent
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2 FP1
Excel Version: 2010

Post by Steve Vincent »

i think he means can i use a users' private subset in a slice. if so, then the answer is no. private subsets and views are just that, private. even an admin cannot see private objects other than their own, and that includes using them in excel.
If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.
Production: Planning Analytics 64 bit 2.0.5, Windows 2016 Server. Excel 2016, IE11 for t'internet
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

Steve Vincent wrote:i think he means can i use a users' private subset in a slice. if so, then the answer is no.
Not necessarily. It depends on what the "slice obtained application" is, and I have to admit that on that point non capisco anche.

However if the application is VBA code which uses the VuSlice and SubDefine macro functions, for example (code which is triggered and run by the users themselves) it would be quite permissible to use a private view including private subsets.

On this point, we lack sufficient information to say one way or t'other.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.