Install location for different Cognos TM1 components

Jonaax
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.1.1
Excel Version: Excel 2010

Install location for different Cognos TM1 components

Post by Jonaax »

Hi,

We are trying to configure Cognos TM1 using Cognos BI security. We think the IBM Cognos Business Intelligence Runtime is required to get this working along with IBM Cognos TM1 Interoperability 10.1.0 for Business Intelligence.

These components have been installed on our Cognos BI application servers (including content manager) and our Cognos BI gateway/web server:

IBM Cognos TM1 Interoperability 10.1.0 for Business Intelligence 32-bit 10.1.1 Microsoft Windows Multilingual (CI5T2ML)
IBM Cognos TM1 Interoperability 10.1.0 for Business Intelligence 64-bit 10.1.1 Microsoft Windows Multilingual (CI5T3ML)

I can't find any information about the following components install location:

IBM Cognos Business Intelligence Runtime 32-bit 10.1.1 Microsoft Windows Multilingual (CI5TUML)
IBM Cognos Business Intelligence Runtime 64-bit 10.1.1 Microsoft Windows Multilingual (CI5TVML)

Where should we install the IBM Cognos Business Intelligence Runtime?

I would appreciate help from you guys!
dkleist

Re: Install location for different Cognos TM1 components

Post by dkleist »

If you have BI already in your environment, you don't need the runtimes - those are for providing a C10 architecture for TM1-only deployments.
Jonaax
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.1.1
Excel Version: Excel 2010

Post by Jonaax »

dkleist wrote:If you have BI already in your environment, you don't need the runtimes - those are for providing a C10 architecture for TM1-only deployments.
But if you only have a TM1-only environment, why would you need the Cognos BI Runtime? If you don't already have a existing Cognos BI environment, then it would be no usefulness using Cognos security right? :shock:
David Usherwood
Site Admin

Post by David Usherwood »

@jonaax, do you want to use BI security or are you happy with native TM1?
Speaking personally I think the native TM1 security is much more straightforward so I can't think why you'd want to go the BI route unless you want to integrate with BI.
But it's your call.
jameswebber
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: Cognos Express 10
Version: CE 10.1.1
Excel Version: 2010

Post by jameswebber »

Agree esp with this one floating around https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview ... 5257&aid=1