Unable to Publish Data from cubes to Orcale database

Venki@1688
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2007

Unable to Publish Data from cubes to Orcale database

Post by Venki@1688 »

Hi all,

I want to publish the data from a cube to Orcale database and i am using Planning Sample model given by IBM.
I am using TI process to accomplish it. The problem i face here is, the data is not getting published in the tables. Below are the steps i follow,

1. DataSource as TM1 Cube View
2. Declare the variables and 'Others' in contents columns except for the variable which holds the data(in this case 'Value').
3. Prolog Tab

ODBCOpen('TM1_REPORT','Admin' ,'Admin');

4. Data Tab

ODBCOutput('TM1_REPORT',Expand('INSERT INTO plan_report(plan_business_unit,plan_department,plan_chart_of_accounts,plan_exchange_rates,plan_report,plan
_time,Value)' | ' VALUES("%v1%","%v2%","%v3%","%v4%","%v5%","%v6%",%Value%)'));

5. Epilog

ODBCClose('TM1_REPORT');

The process gets executed successfully without any warnings or errors but when i check for the table there is no data.

And i even tried to create a table using 'CREATE TABLE' command but it didnt work. In this case when i check it in the database, even the table doesnt exist.

Kindly suggest on this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Venki
asutcliffe
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: 9.4.1 - 10.1
Excel Version: 2003 and 2007

Re: Unable to Publish Data from cubes to Orcale database

Post by asutcliffe »

Have you verified that there's data in your datasource and that the data tab is actually getting executed? You can do some simple debugging using asciioutput.
AnthonyT
OLAP Product: TM1, EV
Version: 9.0 9.1 9.4 9.5 10.1 10.2
Excel Version: 2003 2007 2010 2015

Post by AnthonyT »

I would try checking your variables first - are V1, V2 what you expect? Are they the correct format for where they are going to end up?

Also, try using the existing SQL statement but get rid of the EXPAND, and hardcode the variables - just to check that what you have written works
Anthony

That's no moon - that's a space station
paulsimon
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.5
Excel Version: 2016

Post by paulsimon »

Hi

I would put your SQL into a variable and do an ASCIIOUTPUT of that, then paste your SQL into the Oracle SQL Editor and run it under the same user to check that it works, and there are no permissions issues etc

Regards

Paul Simon