Issue setting up Cognos 8 security for TM1

rill22
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 9.5.0
Excel Version: 2010 and 2007

Issue setting up Cognos 8 security for TM1

Post by rill22 »

We are currently using Cognos 8 to handle authentication in TM1 9.5.2 and we are authenticating against our local domain controller. However, we have merged with a new company and we need to find a way to let these new users access our contributor applications. We have connected our networks between the two companies but our domains haven't been consolidated yet. I would like to add another security resource in Cognos 8 to look for the new company's domain controller so we can setup security for these users.

So far, I rwent into Cognos Configuration and created a new resource with the namespace, host:port, etc. I ran the test on the new namespace and it connected just fine. Then I saved the config and restarted the cognos service. Now when I go into Cognos 8 to administer security groups, I can see the new namespace but I'm unable to see any of their users/groups. Its basically showing the namespace without a hyperlink. I'm still able to click on my previously setup namespace and the default cognos namespace. At this point, i'm running out of time to get this setup and would really appreciate any advice or direction.

Thanks!
BigG
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: IBMPA
Version: PA 2.0 Cloud
Excel Version: 2010

Re: Issue setting up Cognos 8 security for TM1

Post by BigG »

If you have users in your new namespace, then you need to login to this namespace so you can see them. Go to logon top right in portal and it should prompt you to logon again to the other namespace?
GG
rill22
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 9.5.0
Excel Version: 2010 and 2007

Post by rill22 »

The new "Test" namespace won't let me see any of the contents (users/groups/etc) inside of it. I posted a screenshot that shows the TEST namespace is not even clickable.
Attachments
C8 Namespace Screenshot
C8 Namespace Screenshot
c8securityissue.png (19.92 KiB) Viewed 2988 times
dkleist

Post by dkleist »

That's because you are not authenticated into that namespace. Click on the Logon dropdown on the blue menu bar and log into Test (Just like BigG said).