Upload the source data into TM1

kiamkhai

Upload the source data into TM1

Post by kiamkhai »

Dear TM1 Developers

Please assist me in the following.

If I upload a February 2008 monthly data into one of TM1 cubes, say DOSM cube via TI process and the data source is about 300 MB. The the uploading process is successful, I can view the February 2008 data from the DOSM cube.

2. Where does the February 2008 data store? In the DOSM cube or other file? What is the file extansion of the data file? Please assist.

Thanks.

Regards
TKK
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: Upload the source data into TM1

Post by Alan Kirk »

kiamkhai wrote:Dear TM1 Developers

Please assist me in the following.

If I upload a February 2008 monthly data into one of TM1 cubes, say DOSM cube via TI process and the data source is about 300 MB. The the uploading process is successful, I can view the February 2008 data from the DOSM cube.

2. Where does the February 2008 data store? In the DOSM cube or other file? What is the file extansion of the data file? Please assist.
Obviously it's in the cube. After you've loaded it, it only exists in the memory of the server that TM1 is running on.

When you do a data save on that server session, TM1 writes the cube data (all cube data, including your February 2008 monthly data) to disk in a file with the extension .cub. That file is read whenever the server session is restarted which allows TM1 to read the data back into memory.

If YOU'RE thinking about accessing that file, however, forget about it. The file is binary, not plain text. There won't be a 1 to 1 correlation between the size of your data source and the size of the .cub file.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.