Drill through with Active Form?

schlemiel29
OLAP Product: TM/1
Version: 11.8
Excel Version: Excel 365

Drill through with Active Form?

Post by schlemiel29 »

I have defined one report in web as an active form. From there I want to have a drill through to another active form using the elements used in one row of the origin report. Unfortunatly I don't understand the way to define it. I can create a drill-process. Next I created a drill assignment rule. From the cube to the same cube. Within the cube browser I find the drill option in the context menu. But how could I connect it to my active form defined in excel? Even in the excel report I could not see this option to drill or even set a drill functionality.

Is there an exmaple other than the one in the documentation, where I use the same cube and active forms? My first report is an overview with a lot of dimension set to 'Total'. After selecting one cell the new report after drill down lists all n elements of the Total-dimensions to enter values by the user.

Thanks in advance
Dirk
rkaif
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos TM1
Version: 9.1 or later
Excel Version: 2003 or later

Re: Drill through with Active Form?

Post by rkaif »

Why don't you simply pass the Parameters from Parent sheet to the other sheet? Once parameters are passed you can Refresh the Active Form to see the result.
Cheers!
Rizwan Kaif
schlemiel29

Post by schlemiel29 »

How to pass parameter? There is a list of rows showing different elements per some dimensions. How do I transfer the element combination to the other active form?
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

Assuming you have a view to drill to and correctly created the drill assignment rule then there is nothing more you need to do to enable the drill functionality from a DBRW in Excel or TM1Web. In fact the issue is more that there is no way to selectively disable drill-through, once you create a drill it is there in all user interfaces.
schlemiel29

Post by schlemiel29 »

Okay, that seems to be the key. I have a Drill option in the browser, so the view changes to a different view. Unfortunatly its wrong. :mrgreen: So my definition seems to be incorrect. No parameters from the first view are transfered to the second one. :(

In Web there is no Drill-Option available. Do I have to publish it again, if I changed the Drill through meanwhile?