Form Location

Nick_Blommaerts
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: 9.x + 10.x
Excel Version: 2003+2007

Form Location

Post by Nick_Blommaerts »

Hi all,

I've been playing around a bit lately and I've been wondering whether it's possible in Perspectives to create a dynamic location of the form, including the entire folder structure above it, similar to image below. I assume it's possible since you can link to a form via Action Buttons and they have a similar item location setup. Has anyone ever figured out a way to do it? I'd be interested to know.

Thanks in advance!
rkaif
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos TM1
Version: 9.1 or later
Excel Version: 2003 or later

Re: Form Location

Post by rkaif »

I am not aware of any built-in TM1 function to give you the exact results as per your screen shot.

As a starting point you can make use of the }ApplicationEntries control dimension - this dimension has got the list of all the Application uploaded to the TM1 server.

Or else if you are not using TM1Web and just want this functionality in the spreadsheets within Perspectives then you may write some VBA code and get the Application path. All the applications are stored in the }Application folder within your data directory.
Last edited by rkaif on Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers!
Rizwan Kaif
Nick_Blommaerts
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: 9.x + 10.x
Excel Version: 2003+2007

Post by Nick_Blommaerts »

Hi Rizwan,

That'd be an option indeed, but I haven't found a way to make use of that dimension in a dynamic way. The eventual goal would be to build a fully dynamic solution that could handle a form being saved from one place to another without having to do manual updating to the location line. I'll let you know if I do find a solution though.
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Post by tomok »

Here's the problem: The Applications folder is actually a dimension and in TM1 there is no such thing as a dynamic dimension. I imagine it might be possible, using a lookup cube or something like that, the control where to look for a form in a macro but the folder itself cannot be dynamic.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

Application entries themselves have no "location self awareness" to speak of. However depending on the method chosen to open the file you could build in such a feature. In the useful tips section look for the "application navigator" I posted about a year ago. http://www.tm1forum.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 93&p=21334

If you combine this method of opening an application file with passing cell value parameters on the advanced navigation options tab from the worksheet action button options then I think this could do what you want. But if the file is opened via the application tree viewer or hyperlink then there's no way that I know of to achieve what you want.