Determining server name in TI

David Usherwood
Site Admin

Determining server name in TI

Post by David Usherwood »

I have just built integrated login at a client. Since (in my experience) ETLDAP doesn't work (mainly dreadful documentation), the update of users is via a script generating a file which is processed via TI. All works well.

But I need to move the stuff back to Dev, which won't be using integrated login. I would like the TI to test the server name and bailout if it isn't Prod. Any ideas? All I can think of is to read the TM1S.CFG file (which we always keep in the server directory, but doesn't have to be there).
Steve Vincent
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2 FP1
Excel Version: 2010

Re: Determining server name in TI

Post by Steve Vincent »

Dave, its already discussed in this thread. Granted if you search on "server" and "name" it tells you there are too many terms, but "servername" came up trumps :)
If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.
Production: Planning Analytics 64 bit 2.0.5, Windows 2016 Server. Excel 2016, IE11 for t'internet
David Usherwood
Site Admin

Re: Determining server name in TI

Post by David Usherwood »

Thanks. I have taken the approach of reading the CFG file into a string cube, which works well. Of course when _writing_ the TI I had to specify a server specific path on the first file box, but I think the result should be portable.