Version: 10.2.20100.123
Excel Version: 365

Copied Cube Missing Data...

Post by GPC »

Hi All,

I'm copying a cube with 9 dimensions from DEV to Prod by doing the following;

1. Save Data All on DEV
2. Stop Prod Service
3. Copy .cub, .rux, all 9 cube .dim's, all }ElementAttibutes~.cubs & .Dims for all 9 cube dims
4. Start Prod Service

One of the dimensions is Partner which has 15 'n' level elements.
When I look at the data in the cube in Prod, data for 12 of the Partners is perfect across time for all measures. For 1 Partner the numbers are lower and for the remaining 2 partners there is no data at all. I've followed the above steps several times but each time the result is exactly the same.
The stats for the cube show a lower number of populated numeric cells in Prod vs Dev (21,568,029 vs 22,522,168)

Of course there are other ways to do this but does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this data loss?

Thanks,

Gregory

Update: To check that the DEV data was actually complete in the cube on disk I restarted the DEV Server & lo & behold when it came up the same data was missing. So I'm reloading it all and hopefully it's problem solved. Thanks for your interest.
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Re: Copied Cube Missing Data...

Post by tomok »

It sounds like you didn't copy the .blb file. A lot of people miss this. This file represents the formatting for the rules. If you leave the old .blb file in place you are actually getting the old rules applied when you restart the PROD service. You can either delete the .blb file (it's not really necessary) or copy in the one from DEV.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/