Avoid displaying subset messages

DevGreg

Avoid displaying subset messages

Post by DevGreg »

Hello,

Do you know if there's a way to avoid showing these messages to the user?

- "You have requested the display of a dimension/subset which contains elements to which you do not have read access privileges..."
- "This subset has been created using an expression..."

Thanks
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Avoid displaying subset messages

Post by lotsaram »

In tm1p.ini try
ShowDynamicSubsetWarning = F
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

DevGreg wrote:Hello,

Do you know if there's a way to avoid showing these messages to the user?

- "You have requested the display of a dimension/subset which contains elements to which you do not have read access privileges..."
- "This subset has been created using an expression..."

Thanks
The answer by Lotsaram shows you how to suppress the second of those; it's the equivalent of checking the box which says "Don't show this warning again". The first message is suppressed by setting ShowDimensionAccessWarning to F in the .ini file. Again the user can do that themselves by checking the box.

Note that these two parameters only came in in 9.4. Prior to that if the user's checked the "do not show" checkbox it only persisted for their current session. I raised this repeatedly with Iboglix (and I doubt that I was the only one), pointing out that "do not show me" should mean, as it does in most apps, DO NOT SHOW ME EVER AGAIN. Of course I envisaged some sort of Preferences panel which would regulate the user's settings but no, once the user turns the message off the only way they can turn it back on again is by hacking a text file. Very 21st century.

However if you're on an earlier version, there's nothing you can do to stop it; you can only turn it off for the current session as mentioned above.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
Steven Marshall
Version: TM1 10.1.1
Excel Version: 2003-2010

Post by Steven Marshall »

Hi All,

Do you know if it's possible to avoid the message "This dynamic subset has been modified..." under TM1Web?

Thanks,

Steven
DevGreg

Post by DevGreg »

Great, thanks for your answers!

We are going to upgrade from v9.0 to v9.5 soon, so I guess this "problem" will be automatically solved...

Thanks Alan for putting pressure on Applix/Cognos/IBM!
Marioler
Version: PA local 2.0.8
Excel Version: 2016

Post by Marioler »

Hi All

I managed to avoid the warning in perspecives (server explorer) by changeing the tm1p.ini as you described. However, it still appears in TM1 Web.

So I have the same question as Steven had earlier. Is it possible to avoid the warning in TM1 Web as well? Or should TM1 Web apply the settings from the tm1p.ini?

Thank you
Mario