TM1 API Code examples

att

TM1 API Code examples

Post by att »

Anybody knows where I can find code samples for TM1 API (9.1.3 Windows 64 bit) - ideally for Visual Basic? I checked documentation and it says:
Sample Code for the TM1 API

We provide sample code for both Visual Basic and C. The samples are located in the TM1 API installation directory.
I could not find this directory at all - not on source CD, not on the server where TM1 is installed. What is exact name of the directory and where should I look for it?

Has anybody tried to connect to TM1 from the SQL Server Integration Services?
Guillaume Galtier
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2010

Re: TM1 API Code examples

Post by Guillaume Galtier »

Hi att,

There is some samples into the "TM1 API Guide", provided with the TM1 documentation.

If you don't have this guide with your TM1 documentation, you can download it from the Cognos site.

I hope this helps. ;)

Guillaume
Martin Ryan
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2010

Post by Martin Ryan »

att wrote: I could not find this directory at all - not on source CD, not on the server where TM1 is installed. What is exact name of the directory and where should I look for it?
If it's not there then the installer probably choose not to install it for some reason. As Guillaume says you can have a look around on the IBM site, or you can do a re-install and get the samples put on. You could even it do it on another computer, then copy the API examples, then uninstall.

Martin
Please do not send technical questions via private message or email. Post them in the forum where you'll probably get a faster reply, and everyone can benefit from the answers.
Jodi Ryan Family Lawyer
Renaud MARTIAL

Post by Renaud MARTIAL »

Hello,

you should have some samples located in the '<TM1 installation directory>\API\TM1API\SampleCode\' directory.
In my configuration, I've got code for C++, VB and Java APIs.

Regards,

Renaud.
att

Post by att »

Renaud MARTIAL wrote:Hello,

you should have some samples located in the '<TM1 installation directory>\API\TM1API\SampleCode\' directory.
In my configuration, I've got code for C++, VB and Java APIs.

Regards,

Renaud.
I double-checked - there is no such directory on my server. Can it be because we are using 64 bit version?
ScottW
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: TM1 CX
Version: 9.5 9.4.1 9.1.4 9.0 8.4
Excel Version: 2003 2007

Post by ScottW »

The VB API examples are all really old. For anything in the example set you would be much better off going with TI. But I guess it's a starting point.
Attachments
API.rar
(58.54 KiB) Downloaded 818 times
Cheers,
Scott W
Cubewise
www.cubewise.com