Using Picklist in Control Cube

maps
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.4.1 and 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2003

Using Picklist in Control Cube

Post by maps »

Hi Guys,

I like to offer a picklist for setting a attribute. For this I tried to insert a picklist in the control cube (}ElementsAttributesTest) of my dimension. For the element (same name as cube) I added a picklist. But unfortunaltely this picklist does not show up.

Are there any limitation of using a picklist in a control cube? I couldn't find anything in the documentation.
maps
Version: 9.4.1 and 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2003

Re: Using Picklist in Control Cube

Post by maps »

Just tested it. To use the picklist with "hidden" dimensions (e.g."}testDim'") works. But it doesn't work to use a picklist in a "hidden" cube starting with a }.
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

Picklists don't work in control cubes. Several people have raised this as an enhancement request but I believe IBM regard this as a feature so I don't imagine it is going to be addressed.
standtrue
OLAP Product: TM1, CX
Version: 9.5.2
Excel Version: 2007

Post by standtrue »

Seems a bit silly but you could create your own version of the control cube with the same dimensions, create a picklist on this cube, and use a rule on the real control cube to read the value from the picklisted cell in your 'fake' control cube.

Does anyone happen to know why picklisting control cubes is verboten? You would think that picklisting element attributes would be a common use of the feature?
Tilo

Post by Tilo »

IBM (2014-11-27)
"After discussing with PM, it was decided that picklists would only be applied to control cubes if and only if they came from the control cube's picklist cube (ie. Picklists coming from control cube dimensions are ignored)."
gtonkin
MVP
Version: Latest and greatest
Excel Version: Office 365 64-bit

Post by gtonkin »

I may be missing something here but assuming you are on a recent version, why would you not just right-click the }ElementAttributes cube and Create Pick List Cube.
Once done you can create rules or populate and the results are bound as picklists to the relevant attributes.