ERROR.BadMember on View Expand

shinymcshires
OLAP Product: OlapObjects Publisher 5.0
Version: 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2003

ERROR.BadMember on View Expand

Post by shinymcshires »

I'm having problems with a view expand that I published. This is a brand new cube that I made for one of my departments. Instead of displaying the data intersections, it displays "ERROR.BadMember". I have seen this before, but I can't remember what I did to address it. I thought it might be an issue with security, so I checked security for my test client, and they have read access to all of the necessary dims. The way I have the sheet set up, there are no title dims. As an alternative, I moved some of the row dims up as title dims, to see if that would solve my problem, but when I select a valid data point, there is no data displayed at all. Any fellow forum members with some suggestions as to what I can try next? Thank you for your thoughts on this.
errorbadmember.JPG
errorbadmember.JPG (77.82 KiB) Viewed 2643 times
posubsetexpand.JPG
posubsetexpand.JPG (50.39 KiB) Viewed 2643 times
po.JPG
po.JPG (127.21 KiB) Viewed 2642 times
Richard Lee
Financial Systems Analyst
City of Millbrae
Mike Cowie
Site Admin
OLAP Product: IBM TM1/PA, SSAS, and more
Version: Anything thru 11.x
Excel Version: 2003 - Office 365

Re: ERROR.BadMember on View Expand

Post by Mike Cowie »

I'm having problems with a view expand that I published. This is a brand new cube that I made for one of my departments. Instead of displaying the data intersections, it displays "ERROR.BadMember". I have seen this before, but I can't remember what I did to address it. I thought it might be an issue with security, so I checked security for my test client, and they have read access to all of the necessary dims. The way I have the sheet set up, there are no title dims. As an alternative, I moved some of the row dims up as title dims, to see if that would solve my problem, but when I select a valid data point, there is no data displayed at all. Any fellow forum members with some suggestions as to what I can try next? Thank you for your thoughts on this.
Hi there,

That error message is the equivalent of a KEY_ERR in the TM1 Excel client - the difference is that it (if you expand your column width) will tell you which element it thinks is the problem. These formulas might look OK when you've got it set up in Excel, but when the expansion runs in the web (dynamically pasting in the element names and repeating the rows based on the specified view) you could run into problems if your view was set up in a different dimension order than your spreadsheet is expecting, for example if Fund and Department was in the reverse order in the view by mistake.

Feel free to send a private message if you're still having problems.

Regards,
Mike
Mike Cowie
QueBIT Consulting, LLC

Are you lost without Print Reports in Planning Analytics for Excel (PAfE)? Get it back today, for free, with Print Reports for IBM Planning Analytics for Excel!
shinymcshires
OLAP Product: OlapObjects Publisher 5.0
Version: 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2003

Re: ERROR.BadMember on View Expand

Post by shinymcshires »

MIke-

I found the problem- when I had set up the dim names in the TI process, I accidentally used another dim name that wasn't supposed to be part of the cube, so the data intersections were going to be off. Thanks for your help!
Richard Lee
Financial Systems Analyst
City of Millbrae