Dynamic Views (Non MDX)

sypkens
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5.2
Excel Version: 2007

Dynamic Views (Non MDX)

Post by sypkens »

Hi

First time poster and great board! I was wondering if anyone has come across the issue below?

Looking at the blueprint from cognos for workforce planning (it is called Workforce Planning Performance Blueprint Powered by TM1 and can be found here http://www-01.ibm.com/software/data/cog ... nning.html).
Playing around in this model i have spotted an “anomaly”. In the existing employees cube there are a number of static views i.e. EmployeeInformation etc. If you open this view automatic recalc is set already.
When you change the title elements the row dimension (Existing Employees) automatically updates to show the relevant employees for the title element you selected. i.e. i selected Australia procurement and the resulting view changes to show the employees for Aust procurement.

I then change it to Aus Manufacturing control and you see the row dimension update to show the relevant employees again.

I have looked at the following:
1) if there was any MDX in any of the subsets but none existed.
2) The only thing i have picked up is that there is cell security set but the cube appears to be empty.
3) There is also no zero suppression set.
4) One other thing i have picked up is that there appears to be a number of MDX related processes including one that makes a dynamic subset static (}tp processes).

So my question is....... how do they do it?

I am on TM1 9.5.2 FP1.

Thanks,

Jan
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Re: Dynamic Views (Non MDX)

Post by Steve Rowe »

ADMIN : Moved to main board and bumped

What you may be seeing is zero supression set just on the rows which will mean that the icon in the CV is set to nozero suppression. You can see this in the options menu
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
sypkens

Post by sypkens »

Hi Steve,

There is no zero suppression set in the view. this behaviour is also showing in perspectives (not just in contributor). I am aware that you can achieve this using MDX but there is not a subset set with MDX or filtering so I am curious if anyone else has seen this. see before and after screenshots of changing the title dimension.

Thanks

Jan
Attachments
After.jpg
After.jpg (81.01 KiB) Viewed 10365 times
Before.jpg
Before.jpg (76.98 KiB) Viewed 10365 times
qml
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1 / Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.9 and all previous
Excel Version: 2007 - 2016

Post by qml »

Can you open the Options menu and maybe post a screenshot of that too?
Kamil Arendt
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Post by tomok »

I haven't seen this specific example but you can do what they are doing here in combination with a }CellSecurity cube. You write a rule that assigns either READ or WRITE, as appropriate, based on the combination of the title dimension and the row dimension. All others would be NONE. When it encounters employees with combinations that are "valid", by a READ OR WRITE, the row displays, otherwise it does not.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
sypkens

Post by sypkens »

Hi QML and Tomok

I believe QML solved it. There was a zero suppression set on Rows (i previously only looked at the toolbar which does not show row suppression so never picked up that there was zero suppression set). As for Tomok, I was thinking your aproach was what was being used but what threw me was that there were no rules for the cell security cube and the cube appeared to be empty.

In the end a relatively simple solution. Thanks for all the help!

Jan
Attachments
screen3.jpg
screen3.jpg (31.84 KiB) Viewed 10352 times
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Post by Steve Rowe »

Nice work QML :lol:
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
qml
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1 / Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.9 and all previous
Excel Version: 2007 - 2016

Post by qml »

Steve, looks like next lunch at the Mezz is on me. Y'know, to share the credit. ;)
Kamil Arendt