Debugging TI-Processes

SADELMA

Debugging TI-Processes

Post by SADELMA »

Hello all,

is there any possibility to debug a TI-Process? Perhaps with a tool or something? The only way i have found was to track everything (variables etc.) with an ASCIIOutput. The problem is that my logfiles are getting very hughe and it is not very practible to work with them.

I thank u in andvance!
David Usherwood
Site Admin

Re: Debugging TI-Processes

Post by David Usherwood »

I wish! It has been requested many times. At present, Asciioutput is the only tool you have. You can, of course, write several files out at once and put all the logic you like on them. But it's pretty *(&*&%^ primitive.
jim wood
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by jim wood »

The only way I have found is create many TI processes and break your down and split it across them (Where possible of course). I have also found that it can be a bit flakey if you are editing a process. Sometimes it can be quciker o create a new with code to see if that works. (If there are any errors you sometimes find them when moving.)
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
George Regateiro
MVP
Version: 10.1.1
Excel Version: 2007 SP3

Post by George Regateiro »

David Usherwood wrote:I wish! It has been requested many times. At present, Asciioutput is the only tool you have. You can, of course, write several files out at once and put all the logic you like on them. But it's pretty *(&*&%^ primitive.

When we started looking into the Cubewise offering, that is discussed in the Commercial Offerings forum, I asked our rep about the possibility of any of the features making it into TM1 and was told that there were no plans at this time to enhance the development environment.
Martin Ryan
Site Admin
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2010

Post by Martin Ryan »

Further discussion of Cubewise's extend can be seen here.