Closing 9.5.2 cube view crashes excel client

wilsonric
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 2.0.9
Excel Version: 365 MSO 16-0-13127

Closing 9.5.2 cube view crashes excel client

Post by wilsonric »

Has anyone experienced the excel client crashing upon closing cube views? It can happen on any cube, and is of course intermittent, making the cause harder to define. This happens almost once a day, and is a bit frustrating.
We have contacted IBM and logged a job, however the recording of log files, screenshots, and other requirements just became too onerous to maintain to a resolution (if there is one).
Any suggestions are welcome!

Application versions:
TM1 9.5.2, latest fix pack yet to be installed, however no mention of this issue in the release notes
Excel 2003
Regards,
Richard
Steve Vincent
Site Admin
Version: 10.2.2 FP1
Excel Version: 2010

Re: Closing 9.5.2 cube view crashes excel client

Post by Steve Vincent »

no i haven't.

but, at any point have you see the 1st 2 elements of a dimension overlapping?
If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.
Production: Planning Analytics 64 bit 2.0.5, Windows 2016 Server. Excel 2016, IE11 for t'internet
wilsonric
Version: 2.0.9
Excel Version: 365 MSO 16-0-13127

Post by wilsonric »

Yes I have seen something like this where elements (particularly in the rows) sometimes do not render correctly in cube views. Occassionally it also happened in the subset editor.
However I think this also occurred in previous TM1 versions, and from memory I think we narrowed it down to the machine screen refresh rates or something similar. It was definitely resolved for the users affected.
We have not experienced this recently.
Regards,
Richard
mvaspal
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 10 2 2 - 2.0.5
Excel Version: From 2007 to 2013

Post by mvaspal »

Yes, we also experienced this; Xcelerator Client (TM1 9.5.1 HF9) crashes on window close - sometimes TI process window, sometimes subset editor, sometimes cube viewer. And as you wrote: 'It can happen on any cube, and is of course intermittent, making the cause harder to define.' For us, it happens 3-4 times a day for each user...
We did not experienced overlapping that Steve mentioned.

Client machines: Win Xp SP3, Office 2003 SP3 - both Hungarian. No .Net Framework installed (we also experienced the issue on machines having .net installed).

We start investigating it during the following weeks, trying to restrict the problem to more defined occurences. I will come back if we find a solution. Of course, any help appreciated.

Matyas
mvaspal
Community Contributor

Post by mvaspal »

Sorry, not Xcelerator Client but Excel stops working and quits.
mvaspal
Community Contributor

Post by mvaspal »

It seems that McAfee's on-access virus scanning is responsible in our case.
We let the scanner skip the folders 'C:\Documents and Settings\userprofile\Application Data\Applix\TM1\' on client machines and since then no crashes.