cube disappeared

Michel Zijlema
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1, PALO
Version: both 2.5 and higher
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010

cube disappeared

Post by Michel Zijlema »

I currently have an issue where a cube disappeared 'overnight' from the TM1 server. When I look at the data-directory I see the .cub file is still there. But in the }cubes dimension the regarding cube is no longer listed. I can't find anything on this in the TM1 Message log file.
In a period that I was not in (me being the only user with admin rights) users have been creating reports on this cube using Cognos Report Studio. As of this morning the main cube they're working on is no longer available.
I have sent out a request to restart the server - I'll wait and see whether this 'solves' the issue...

Has anyone else had this problem and knows what was the cause? This is a TM1 9.5.1 server running on AIX.

TIA, Michel
ajain86
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.4.1 9.5 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2003 2007

Re: cube disappeared

Post by ajain86 »

I have seen this issue as well. I have noticed that sometimes when you unload a cube it somehow removes it from memory.

In my experience, the cube returns with a restart of the TM1 instance.

Do you have any processing that would to do a "CUBEUNLOAD"?

Mine has go away at times when I manually do a cube unload as well. Is there anyone that would have been able to do that?
Ankur Jain
John Hammond
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: PAW/PAX 2.0.72 Perspectives
Version: TM1 Server 11.8.003
Excel Version: 365 and 2016

Re: cube disappeared

Post by John Hammond »

Found if you accidentally type a blank on the end of TM1 objects this happens sometime... Go to the server and rename and restart...