process to list out the dimensions

guntupalli
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2010

process to list out the dimensions

Post by guntupalli »

experts,

i have more than 100 processes in TI , Does anyone know a process to list out which process is creating corrosponding dimension.

Thank and Regards
Last edited by guntupalli on Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best Regards,
Guntupalli
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Re: process to list out the dimensions

Post by Steve Rowe »

Hi,
I'm afraid your question does not make sense, "profiles" is not a piece of TM1 terminology and don't really understand how this relates to creating a dimension.

Perhaps you could rephrase your quesiont?
Cheers,
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
qml
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1 / Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.9 and all previous
Excel Version: 2007 - 2016

Post by qml »

Guntupalli, I can see you've edited your original post after Steve's reply and changed "profiles" to "processes". This is probably not the best way of clarifying what you meant as it makes the thread disconnected and hard to follow for other users.
The answer to your question is:
You have to make the effort and go through the code of all these processes to know which ones are written to amend any dimensions. You can however quite easily automate this by creating a TI process (or a script using any other language, like Perl) to scan through all your *.pro files looking for specific syntax (e.g. DimensionElementInsert).
That is unless your requirement is to know which processes have actually been executed to amend any dimensions - in this case your best option is is to prepare a tracking cube and update your processes by adding code snippets to each one to record any actually performed dimension changes in that cube (possibly with date and user id etc).
Kamil Arendt
guntupalli
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 10.2

Post by guntupalli »

Sorry for not informing about the edit("profiles" to "processes").

in my case second option is well suited.

Thanks for your answer.
Best Regards,
Guntupalli
csjean
Version: 9.5 9.5.1 9.5.2
Excel Version: 2007

Post by csjean »

guntupalli wrote:Sorry for not informing about the edit("profiles" to "processes").

in my case second option is well suited.

Thanks for your answer.
Hi Guntupalli,

You can even use your perl process to generate a file that is compatible with the DOT graphical engine (http://www.graphviz.org)

This way, you get a nice picture of what TI populate what dimension (or even what cube).

Cheers!
Cheers!

--
Claude-Sebastien Jean
Senior Consultant in Information Technology
Keyrus Canada
www.keyrus.ca
Martin Ryan
Site Admin
Version: 10.1

Post by Martin Ryan »

You could use the TM1 Tools add-in to achieve this. It has a function that provides the ability to load text files (including .pro and .rux files) into an excel workbook and then search them for a specified text expression. This can help determine the TI processes or rules which affect a specified cube or dimension.
Please do not send technical questions via private message or email. Post them in the forum where you'll probably get a faster reply, and everyone can benefit from the answers.
Jodi Ryan Family Lawyer