x64 install security troubles

ykud
MVP

x64 install security troubles

Post by ykud »

Hi there. Nice & slick forum you've got here, way better than Connection, I understand why you're mostly here.

I've started toying around with TM1 and came across a strange problem.
When I install TM1 server on x64 (windows 2003) and later try to connect to it with Architect, I get a login screen where admin\(blank) doesn't work. I have no clue what actual username\password should be, since I didn't set it up anywhere during the installation.
So the basic question is -- what's the password? I'm using Planning Store example database, in case it matters.

More general questions include:
1) Why doesn't Integrated Authentication work? How it should be working from fresh install (who's the admin user -- the one under whom TM1 service runs)?
2) I've read around and saw that everybody is not at all happy with LDAP authentication -- is that really so? Anybody has a successful MS AD + TM1 couple?
3) How to deal with x86 & x64 components mixture -- you have separate servers for big x64 TM1 and 32-bit clients for Architect? Or you try to bypass using Architect by running some batch loading scripts directly?

Thanks for time spent reading ;)
Martin Ryan
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2010

Re: x64 install security troubles

Post by Martin Ryan »

Quick answer to the first question: try admin with "apple".

Martin
Please do not send technical questions via private message or email. Post them in the forum where you'll probably get a faster reply, and everyone can benefit from the answers.
Jodi Ryan Family Lawyer
ykud
MVP

Post by ykud »

Martin Ryan wrote:Quick answer to the first question: try admin with "apple".

Martin
Thank you very much, Martin.

Now it seems obvious, that it's written in Operations Guide under Examples section. But it wasn't so clear until I searched for 'apple' in documentation )
Poor old me, it becomes harder & harder to read thoroughly...
David Usherwood
Site Admin

Post by David Usherwood »

a Integrated Authentication is _not_ available from a fresh install. It's quite fiddly to set up and the documentation is incomplete. Specifically, I have never found the ETLDAP program to actually work. However it is possible to make the setup work and the big advantage is that it gets the auditors off your back as AD (or whatever) handles passwords.

b There is no 64 bit client. You can connect with the 32 bit client to both 32 and 64 bit servers (so long as the release is the same).

Good luck with your further research and do come back with more queries.
ykud
MVP

Post by ykud »

Thank you David, I guess we'll prospone MS AD integration for some time ) TM1 calculations and performance are our primary interest now.