Calculation Stack

John Hobson
Site Admin
OLAP Product: Any
Version: 1.0
Excel Version: 2020

Calculation Stack

Post by John Hobson »

I had a problem with a recursive calculation (a cumulative with over 360 parts) a year back in 8.4.2

This would appear to be sorted in 9.1.3, but I wonder if anyone could confirm if the calculation stack size has in fact increased or if it's just a fluke and not reliable?

TIA

John
John Hobson
The Planning Factory
Martin Ryan
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2010

Re: Calculation Stack

Post by Martin Ryan »

I was under the impression that it had shrunk. Though this may actually be for 9.4 rather than 9.1.

I wouldn't say this is reliable, and probably not permanent either, as an upgrade to 9.4 will likely undo it.

Martin
Please do not send technical questions via private message or email. Post them in the forum where you'll probably get a faster reply, and everyone can benefit from the answers.
Jodi Ryan Family Lawyer
Martin Ryan
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2010

Re: Calculation Stack

Post by Martin Ryan »

Just wanted to clarify this as I've had a shoulder tap from a Cognos employee. My statement was based on my testing of 9.4.0 64 bit edition which was crashing due to a bug being triggered by the the calculation stack being handled badly somehow.

It would appear this has been resolved in version 9.4 MR1 as I've just this afternoon managed to get it up and running (high fives all round).

Said Cognosian indicated that the calculation stack should not have changed to his knowledge. I presume he's PMed you as well John.

Martin
Please do not send technical questions via private message or email. Post them in the forum where you'll probably get a faster reply, and everyone can benefit from the answers.
Jodi Ryan Family Lawyer