Dataspread Function

l_stoker
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2010

Dataspread Function

Post by l_stoker »

Hi,

I'm currently developing a 5 year planning tool, and being fairly new to TM1 i could do with some advice on the following point.

I read on a forum page that there is a dataspread function which allows you write back to consolidated cells, the data is then relatively proportionally spread over the cells descendants. An extract from the forum is shown below. Is this functionality available in TM1 v9.5.1?? Or i have i completely misunderstood the function :oops: .

Extract....
"Retrieves Numeric data from a Keystone Cube at an Intersection of Elements. The number of parameters this function has matches the number of Dimensions in the Specified cube plus one for the cube itself. This function is also write-back enabled meaning that when data is entered over this formula and the formula references a writable cell within the cube that data is sent into the cube and the forumla is left in tact.

Parameters:
1: Cube Name

2,3,4...N: Elements from the Cubes Dimensions (in Order).

Example:

=dataspread("Sales","Gross Sales $","2010","Jan","Field Sales","1002 - DynaRub 100ml")"

Many thanks
Lee
David Usherwood
Site Admin

Re: Dataspread Function

Post by David Usherwood »

The function sounds interesting, but the reference to 'Keystone' should point you in the right direction. Keystone is a new(ish) OLAP product that Ben Hill/Kyro is building - see
http://www.tm1forum.com/viewtopic.php?p=13533
So this isn't in TM1.
You can look at CellPutProportionalSpread, which is a TI function - that might be what you want.
l_stoker
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2010

Re: Dataspread Function

Post by l_stoker »

Many thanks