Sliding Attributes

David Usherwood
Site Admin

Sliding Attributes

Post by David Usherwood »

I'm working with a client who is redeveloping a TM1 system, moving from 8.4.5 to 90SP3U9. They have started experiencing some odd situations where the attributes have shifted around internally - the oddest one was where the formats started appearing in a text attribute. I've seen the results of this but not yet experienced it myself. They use Citrix (as their desktop is Vista).

Has anybody else hit this? I'm not quite ready to raise an SR as I haven't yet got a reproducible instance.
jim wood
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Sliding Attributes

Post by jim wood »

Never seen that one before. The one I keep encountering with aliases is that sometimes when loading in data via TI TM1 seems to completely ignore them and doesn't load a thing, yet it works another time. Very bizarre,

Jim.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
Bert

Post by Bert »

I've seen attributes move when database files are renamed, specifically a }ElementAttributes_xxx.cub file (which shouldn't be renamed). It could be worth checking which dimensions are used in the problematic attribute cube to see if this is the case.

Bert.
paulsimon
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.5
Excel Version: 2016

Post by paulsimon »

Jim

We had an issue with 9.1.3 where it would intermittently lose the ability to resolve Aliases to their Element names. Users would suddenly get *KEY-ERR in their spreadsheets. Adding a dummy element to a dimension and then deleting it seemed to force TM1 to get its internals back in step and sometimes running the MCLEAR macro in the client did it. However, these were far from ideal workarounds. Upgrading to 9.1.4 seems to have cured this problem. I am not sure when the regression bug was introduced, but I think it may have been in a sub version of 9.0, so this might also relate to David's issue.

As Attributes are so fundamental to TM1, I am surprised that Cognos have not been more proactive in telling people about this issue.

I have recently had an issue in 9.1.4 where some slightly dodgy TI coding managed to change an Alias on eg P07 to blank and it then tried to set P07 to Prev Mth and Curr Mth all in the same Prolog. After that any attempt to set P08 to Curr Mth in the Attribute Editor was rejected saying that another element already had that Alias even though P07 was shown as Prev Mth, and Curr Mth was not used. I can't remember the exact coding that was used but the only way to cure it was to recycle the local server.

Regards

Paul Simon