Advanced Dynamic Formatting

guntupalli
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2010

Advanced Dynamic Formatting

Post by guntupalli »

hi all,

can anyone help where can we do Level Formatting, Attribute Formatting and rule-based formatting in 9.5?

i could find it in 9.1 and prior ( http://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/dw/d ... in_tm1.pdf ) , is any doc which discuss the same in 9.5.

thank you.
Best Regards,
Guntupalli
David Usherwood
Site Admin

Re: Advanced Dynamic Formatting

Post by David Usherwood »

As I recall, dynamic formatting related to Dynamic Slices. These appeared in 9.1 and were very poor indeed. They have been replaced by Active Forms in 9.4+, and these are documented in the User Guide. My view is that they are an improvement on Dynamic Slices (how could they not be) but I still wouldn't push them too hard, especially with nested row dimensions.
guntupalli
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2010

Post by guntupalli »

thanks David,

but i want to C-level elements in the 'Model' dimension needs to format, with colored backgrounds and indentation, according to their level in the dimension hierarchy. N-level elements are not indented and use an italic font.

i didn't find the option 'Edit Element Formats' to do, can you please let me know.

Regards,
Best Regards,
Guntupalli
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

guntupalli wrote:i didn't find the option 'Edit Element Formats' to do, can you please let me know.
... and you won't, because that option doesn't exist in the excel report authoring front end. However everthing that you describe that you want to do can be achieved VERY EASILY using active forms. I suggest that you actually try it out. With a bit of excel knowledge combined with some creativity active forms can be very versitile when it comes to formatting.