Process Last Ran Date.

declan.rodger
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5
Excel Version: 2003

Process Last Ran Date.

Post by declan.rodger »

I am currently undertaking a mass archiving project in an instance of TM1 that has had a series of different developers over its lifetime and as such has become a bit out of control and the exact opposite of anything that resembles 'best practice'.

Cubes, Dims and Rules I have a good handle on and am making good progress.

TI Processes on the other hand are proving a bit of an issue; the system has never really been documented so no-one knows which are and are not needed... I have been able to remove some that are obviously redundant but there are approximately 600!

Does anyone know of a way to ascertain when a process was last ran?

This obviously wont explain everything but it will be a pretty good starting point; I did consider deleting the lot and reinstating ones as people complain but apparently users don't like the sound of that for some reason.
ajain86
Community Contributor
Version: 9.4.1 9.5 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2003 2007

Re: Process Last Ran Date.

Post by ajain86 »

I do not believe that such a property exists. Neither a property to check if a process is connected to another process.

600 is a lot of processes. There have to be at least that are doing the same task.
Ankur Jain
Martin Ryan
Site Admin
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2010

Re: Process Last Ran Date.

Post by Martin Ryan »

You'll probably have to trawl through the tm1server.log file, including any old copies (from memory they get saved as tm1server1.log, tm1server2.log and so on) looking for "process executed".

Probably a call for a bit of Python or similar.

Martin
Please do not send technical questions via private message or email. Post them in the forum where you'll probably get a faster reply, and everyone can benefit from the answers.
Jodi Ryan Family Lawyer