Client name does not exist on the server - CognosBI security

kastellu
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5.2
Excel Version: 2008

Client name does not exist on the server - CognosBI security

Post by kastellu »

Hi,

I am trying to set Cognos BI security with TM1. After setting all the parameters in CFG file for the server and INI file for the client, starting the server in IntegratedSecurityMode=2 I can add user from selected NAMESPACE and set him as administrator under ADMIN group in TM1 architect . After shutting down the server and changing IntegratedSecurityMode=4 , starting up the server once again, a Cognos BI log-in window shows up when running Architect . Then i try to log into the with the user I just add into the TM1 from namespace and set him as administrator, a log in window disappear and after a while I get this error "Client name does not exist on the server".

I have try two more things:
- by entering wrong password i am notified that the password is wrong
- by setting IntegratedSecurityMode=5, there is no difference as in mode 4 (https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview ... 49694&wv=1)

Any ideas?

Thanks!
ajain86
Community Contributor
Version: 9.4.1 9.5 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2003 2007

Re: Client name does not exist on the server - CognosBI secu

Post by ajain86 »

After trying to login once with security at 4, have you gone back to security at 2 and checked if your user name is exists in the Client dimension.
Ankur Jain
kastellu
Version: 9.5.2
Excel Version: 2008

Post by kastellu »

Yes i did, and it does exists. That is why this is strange. Again user does not have any strange characters, spaces or something.
olapworm
Version: 9.1
Excel Version: 2003

Post by olapworm »

Were you able to find solution on this? I'm having the same issue.. Thanks..
Michel Zijlema
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1, PALO
Version: both 2.5 and higher
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010

Post by Michel Zijlema »

olapworm wrote:Were you able to find solution on this? I'm having the same issue.. Thanks..
Hi,

In your forum profile you state that you're on TM1 9.1. If this is the case then I don't think the Cognos BI connect is going to work. You should upgrade TM1 to at least version 9.4.1.
In case you are on version 9.4.1 or higher: are you trying to login with a CAM user (and not with a 'TM1 native' user like Admin)?

Michel