Action Button Error Message with No Error

Solanna
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5.2 to 10.2
Excel Version: 2007 - 2013

Action Button Error Message with No Error

Post by Solanna »

I have created an Action Button which runs a TI process to copy data from one scenario to another scenario for multiple cubes
The TI process runs multiple ExecuteProcess commands and has been working successfully in production for several months

The user community would like to take ownership of this process, thus the need to add an Action Button within the primary Forecast workbook
The Action Button simply points to a cell which correlates to a defined parameter in the TI process
Pretty basic stuff here...

Anyhow, the TI process seems to be running successfully but I get this strange error message while it is processing...

"Completing controls will not fit on the sheet. Please move the control. procedure of process ..."

Another dialog box opens that says...

Completing error %'s
procedure of process

Then the TI process completes and says "Process has completed successfully"

Has anyone ever encountered these error messages?

TM1 Version 9.5.1 with no hotfixes, Excel 2007

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Solanna
David Usherwood
Site Admin

Re: Action Button Error Message with No Error

Post by David Usherwood »

Haven't done a pile with ABs as I consider them rather crippled, but would this be relevant?
http://www.tm1forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4626
Solanna

Post by Solanna »

Hi David,

Thanks but no thanks :D

The Action button works and seems to successfully run the TI process

I just want to know what the messages mean while I'm running it ;)

And I'm certainly not going backwards to Excel 2003
I finally installed 9.5.2 on our Dev Server today since the users are screaming for Excel 2010
Once I get their data onto the Dev Server I'll test the Action Button with 9.5.2 and Excel 2010 to see if I get the same bizarre messages

Thanks for the effort though...

Solanna
Andy Key
MVP
Version: 2.5 to PA
Excel Version: Lots

Post by Andy Key »

I've always assumed that the only thing that those messages mean is that there is a bug in TM1 such that it isn't passing the correct arguments to the function that displays the TI Process progress dialog box. I don't consider them to be actually telling me about errors in my TIs. (What? Errors in my TIs? Surely not! :D )

I've seen the 'error %s' one fairly frequently, and the one about controls only more recently, but they are only showing up when I would expect there to be a message box showing me the progress of a TI process. If you take the 'Completing' from the start of the message and the the 'procedure of process' from the end, then take your pick of Prolog, Metadata, Data or Epilog to go between them and add a TI process name to the end, then they start to make sense.

Unfortunately the only idea I've got to get round the dubious messages is to get the users to run the process via TM1 Web, as they won't see the intermediate messages, only the one saying Process Completed Successfully!
Andy Key
Solanna

Post by Solanna »

Andy,

Thanks for the response...

As usual my questions are typically to just get validations on issues that other users have also encountered...

There are so many of these "fake" error messages within perspectives that I'm starting to think IBM Cognos is secretly breaking the product so that the user does not use the spreadsheet anymore! HA!

However, it's going to take more than a few error messages to stop me...

Solanna
rkaif
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos TM1
Version: 9.1 or later
Excel Version: 2003 or later

Post by rkaif »

Apparently this error has been identified as a bug in version 9.5.x in the TI interface and has been fixed in the TM1 10.1 version.

See this URL for details: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg1PM32962
Attachments
Action Button Error
Action Button Error
ActionButtonErr.JPG (12.64 KiB) Viewed 5709 times
Cheers!
Rizwan Kaif
Olivier
Community Contributor
Version: Tm1 10.2.2fp4 -> 2.09
Excel Version: Excel 2013 - 2019

Post by Olivier »

Apparently this error has been identified as a bug in version 9.5.x in the TI interface and has been fixed in the TM1 10.1 version.
I have this issue with my action button attached to Tis in 9.4MR1FP3 as well.
HTH
Olivier