8.4.x support

Steve Rowe
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

8.4.x support

Post by Steve Rowe »

Just a heads up that version 8.4.x goes off active support from the end of the year, as you probably won't get told by IBM directly if you are on that version.

Active support means thay will release bug fixes and so on. Once the support goes to inactive mode then they will help but you'll usually need to upgrade to get bugs fixed.

http://support.cognos.com/en/support/pr ... d.html#tm1

Interesting that they recommend 9.4....

Cheers,
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
Ken Vuong

Re: 8.4.x support

Post by Ken Vuong »

Cheers for that Steve.

Shame really as I consider TM1 8.4.5 to be one of the best version.
Cheers,

Ken
John Hobson
Site Admin
OLAP Product: Any
Version: 1.0
Excel Version: 2020

Post by John Hobson »

Interesting that they recommend 9.4....
Well it'd be a bit odd if they said "We don't recommend our most recent version" ;)
John Hobson
The Planning Factory
BigDSter
Version: 9.4.1
Excel Version: 2007

Post by BigDSter »

Still on 8.4.5 here and its pretty reliable, well more so than the previous versions or the 9.1 we tried live for about 2 weeks before we had to pull it.

To be honest though, thought 8.4.x went out of support at the end of last year, so a pleasant surprise :)
David Newton
Burtons Foods
stephen waters
MVP
Version: 10_2_2
Excel Version: Excel 2010

Post by stephen waters »

David,
They originally intended to stop "Active" support for 8.4.x Dec last year but this was extended till this year because of the issues with 9.1. As John says, obviously the official line will be to go with 9.4 but you may wish to wait till at least 9.4 MR1 ( due out very soon) and do some thorogh testing.

We currently receoomend 9.0 SP3 U9 as the best, proven, established version, certainly for existing clients. I believe this version is also recomnended by the Cognos ( ie ex-applix) TM1 consultants.
Steve Vincent
Site Admin
Version: 10.2.2 FP1
Excel Version: 2010

Post by Steve Vincent »

Same version we are on. It does have a few issues but they are quite obscure ones, certainly not run of the mill issues that would halt a production system. Unlike some of what i've seen on 9.4 ...
If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.
Production: Planning Analytics 64 bit 2.0.5, Windows 2016 Server. Excel 2016, IE11 for t'internet