TM1 slows down during month end

telula

TM1 slows down during month end

Post by telula »

Hello,
Does anyone have any ideas on how to make TM1 less slow during month end ?
Steve Vincent
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2 FP1
Excel Version: 2010

Re: TM1 slows down during month end

Post by Steve Vincent »

you mean when everyone wants to use it? not really, its like saying how can i drive down a motorway in rush hour without being slowed down. the more people are connected and using the system, the slower it will be - its the same for anything.

You've not really given much away in your post, what version of TM1 are you using and with what operating system? is your model heavy on rules? do you use spreadsheets or TI to load data? how many users? are they connecting via LAN or WAN (citrix)?
If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.
Production: Planning Analytics 64 bit 2.0.5, Windows 2016 Server. Excel 2016, IE11 for t'internet
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Post by Steve Rowe »

Yeah without a lot more detail it's hard to answer.

The closest thing to a magic bullet is buy new hardware, but this depends on how old your current hardware is. Other than that you really need to understand the part of your system that is actually slow and then fix it. There are many different reasons for performance issues....

Cheers,
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
Ken Vuong

Post by Ken Vuong »

You might want to have TM1 Top running (if your TM1 version allows it) to see if the slow down is due to users browsing large views, TI processes being run, ...etc

I have found this useful as if TM1 Top is showing that the server is not doing any work but my excel is still thinking, then it's probably network connectivity.
Cheers

Ken
David Usherwood
Site Admin

Post by David Usherwood »

Also Performance Monitor, to see how many users are on and who has performance issues hitting which cubes.