how to create a view through TI process

guntupalli
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2010

how to create a view through TI process

Post by guntupalli »

hi ,
i have 5 dimensions (base_month_dates ,measures_machines_capacity ,base_years, ssr , fd ) in 'Sample' cube.

i want to creeate a view named 'Current' with first 3 dimensions using below script.

after creating a view , i am able to see the current view with all 5 dimensions, is there any way to restrict with 3 dimesions as per the script.

ViewCreate(Sample','Current');

ViewTitleDimensionSet(Sample','Current','base_month_dates');
ViewTitleDimensionSet(Sample','Current','measures_machines_capacity');
ViewTitleDimensionSet(Sample','Current','base_years');

ViewTitleElementSet(Sample','Current','base_month_dates',DIMIX('base_month_dates',vDate));
ViewTitleElementSet(Sample','Current','base_years',DIMIX('base_years',vYear));
ViewTitleElementSet(Sample','Current','measures_machines_capacity',DIMIX('measures_machines_capacity','WIP DH Lots'));
Best Regards,
Guntupalli
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Re: how to create a view through TI process

Post by tomok »

guntupalli wrote:after creating a view , i am able to see the current view with all 5 dimensions, is there any way to restrict with 3 dimesions as per the script.
I'm not sure what you mean by "restrict" but if you mean to not show those dimensions in the view then the answer is no. A cube is a collection of dimensions with data stored, and/or calculated, at each intersection of the dimensions. If you don't include a dimension in the view then you have no intersection with all the other dimensions and thus no data. Think about it for a minute.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
ajain86
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.4.1 9.5 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2003 2007

Post by ajain86 »

In TM1 WEB, you can hide dimensions to not display in the main screen, but they are still part of the view.

There is no similar functionality in Cube Viewer. All dimensions part of the cube are displayed.
Ankur Jain
aagrawal12
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.4.1 9.5.1 9.5.2 and 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2003 2007 and 2010

Post by aagrawal12 »

tomok is write...you need to have atleast one dimension element of remaining dimensions.
If we have this sort of issue we generally have some element added into dimension which will have no meaning in dimension and then create a view by having that element in the SUbset for that dimension.....