Regular Participant
OLAP Product: Applix,Cognos TM!
Version: applix9.0Cognos tm1 9.5.1
Excel Version: Excel 2010 2007

How to see the no.of dimensions in cube

Post by mincharug.shulft »

Hello,
thanks in advance.

actually i have 4000 thounds of cubes i just want to see the maximum number of dimensions in cube.anyone of them please helpme on this?

thnaks
advance.
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: How to see the no.of dimensions in cube

Post by lotsaram »

This may help.
http://www.tm1forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4983

have you heard of doing a search for similar topics before posting a new question?

By the way if you really have 4000 cubes then I think there is something seriously wrong with your model ...
jim wood
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by jim wood »

4000 wow. That's by far the largest number I've heard of. I wonder if this is a conversion from an old Congos Planning model?
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
mincharug.shulft
Regular Participant

still i am not able to full the no.of dimensions in cube? kidly someone help me out on this
?
jrizk
OLAP Product: Tm1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2010

Post by jrizk »

Hi. Are you trying to achieve something like what's shown in the attached - but instead of listing the dimensions and the associated cubes you want to list the cubes only wanting to see how many dimensions each cube contains. There are a few ways to do this. One through the API (as shown in the attachment). The other ways through Excel or a TI process, as covered in the forum.
Attachments
tm1_mapping.doc
(78.5 KiB) Downloaded 625 times
J.Rizk
Tm1 for everyone
kpk
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, CX
Version: TM1 7x 8x 9x 10x CX 9.5 10.1
Excel Version: XP 2003 2007 2010

Post by kpk »

mincharug.shulft wrote:still i am not able to full the no.of dimensions in cube? kidly someone help me out on this
?
Check the TABDIM TM1 Excel function.
Best Regards,
Peter
jrizk
OLAP Product: Tm1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2010

Post by jrizk »

Could be wrong but sounds like the number of dimensions each cube contains is what's trying to be retrieved. Tabdim would work if you keep going with the index number until you hit a blank for the dimension name.
J.Rizk
Tm1 for everyone
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

mincharug.shulft wrote:still i am not able to full the no.of dimensions in cube? kidly someone help me out on this?
So what you're saying is that you were either:
(a) Unable to navigate to the thread that Lotsaram pointed you to; and/or
(b) Unwilling to download the workbook that he included in that thread; and/or
(c) Downright determined not to enter your server name in cell B1; and/or
(d) Absolutely committed to not then press the [F9] key?

While people are more than willing to help, in this case you had the solution served up to you on a platter. What, exactly, was the problem that you had with following it?
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
Alan Kirk
Site Admin

Post by Alan Kirk »

jrizk wrote:Could be wrong but sounds like the number of dimensions each cube contains is what's trying to be retrieved. Tabdim would work if you keep going with the index number until you hit a blank for the dimension name.
Yup, but when you're not using the API, that is the usual approach for determining the number since neither Excel worksheet functions nor TI give you a function which returns the number of dimensions.

However whack a simple CountA/CountIf function off to the side of Lotsaram's worksheet formulas and bingo, you get the number of dimensions in the cube all neatly lined up. The OP doesn't even give any indication of whether they've tried that, or anything else in that thread.
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
mincharug.shulft
Regular Participant

hello,
thnaks for quick reply.
actually i am using 9.0 applix i cann't able to see? could you please let me know in which version i could see it Tm1 dimension mapping??
thanking u.
kpk
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, CX
Version: TM1 7x 8x 9x 10x CX 9.5 10.1
Excel Version: XP 2003 2007 2010

Post by kpk »

You will find the TABDIM function in all TM1 version!

TABDIM
This is a TM1® worksheet function, valid only in worksheets.
TABDIM returns the dimension name that corresponds to a given index argument.
The function always returns a dimension based on the original order of dimensions in the specified cube,
even if the order of dimensions in the cube has been changed through the TM1 Cube Optimizer.

TABDIM(cube, index)
Argument Description
cube: A valid cube name.
index: A positive value less than or equal to the total number of dimensions in the cube.
Example
TABDIM("98sales",3)
The cube 98sales contains five dimensions: account1, actvsbud, model, month, and region.
The example returns model, the third dimension of 98sales.
Best Regards,
Peter
Alan Kirk
Site Admin

Post by Alan Kirk »

mincharug.shulft wrote: actually i am using 9.0 applix i cann't able to see? could you please let me know in which version i could see it Tm1 dimension mapping??
You started out asking:
i just want to see the maximum number of dimensions in cube
Lotsaram gave you an answer to that. It's a workbook which contains formulas which shows all of the dimensions that are used in each cube. If you have cubes with more than 16 dimensions you may need to copy the formulas to the right into extra columns, and you will need to add some Excel formulas to count the cells which are not zero length strings (and therefore the number of dimensions in the cube), but it will give you the answer to that question.

Now you've changed that to talk about some legendary creature called "TM1 Dimension Mapping", without giving any context of where you came across that term, or what it is that you expect to find from it (if not the information that you've already been given).

Edit: I can now see that it's the title of the dialog in the Word document that J.Rizk uploaded. Which is something that he wrote himself, and does you exactly no good whatsoever unless he's prepared to share considerably more than screenshots of his tool loaded into a Word document with you. Perhaps you may prefer to concentrate on functionality that is actually already there in TM1 to do this, as you've been pointed to and ignored multiple times?

Just out of curiosity, have you actually read the Request For Assistance Guidelines? At all?
-----------