someone help me to write feeder for this

kid123
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5.1
Excel Version: Excel 2007

someone help me to write feeder for this

Post by kid123 »

['Target']=N:DB('test ceo',!Year,!Department,!Service Line,!Deliverable Type,!Customer,!CEOD_METRICS,'Budget',!month)
+(DB('test ceo',!Year,!Department,!Service Line,!Deliverable Type,!Customer,!CEOD_METRICS,'Budget',Attrs('Month',!Month,'Previous Period'))
-(DB('test ceo',!Year,!Department,!Service Line,!Deliverable Type,!Customer,!CEOD_METRICS,'New',Attrs('Month',!Month,'Previous Period'))
+DB('test ceo',!Year,!Department,!Service Line,!Deliverable Type,!Customer,!CEOD_METRICS,'Renewed',Attrs('Month',!Month,'Previous Period'))
+DB('test ceo',!Year,!Department,!Service Line,!Deliverable Type,!Customer,!CEOD_METRICS,'Existing',Attrs('Month',!Month,'Previous Period'))));

'Target' is an element in Test ceo cube..Plz give the feeder for this rule with a detailed explanation....I'm very new :?:
ajain86
Community Contributor
Version: 9.4.1 9.5 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2003 2007

Re: someone help me to write feeder for this

Post by ajain86 »

For a rule with addition / subtraction, best practice for a feeder would be to have a separate feeder where each element from the right side feeds the left side.

The 1st one is straightforward: ['Budget'] => ['Target'].

Since the next four are dependent on an attribute from the month dimension, there are multiple ways to go about it.

Long way:
['Jan','Budget'] => ['Feb','Target'];
['Jan','New'] => ['Feb','Target'];
and so on...
Would have to do this for every month. So about 48 statements.

Short way:
Create an attribute in the month dimension for Next period. Then you can just have 4 statements.
['Budget'] => DB('test ceo',!Year,!Department,!Service Line,!Deliverable Type,!Customer,!CEOD_METRICS,'Target',Attrs('Month',!Month,'Next Period');
and so on...

The issue I see is that how are you handling for the year rollover; going from like Dec 2010 to Jan 2011.
Ankur Jain
kid123

Post by kid123 »

Thank you Ajian86.....I did the same and is working...for the year rolleover,for the year rollover we have to check whether current month is December and increment the year.....
but the feeder wont work,right?
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Post by Steve Rowe »

Welcome to the forum Kid123,

For the year roll around you write a seperate rule for Jan, just make sure it is before the general case rule in the rule sheet. ['Jan', ' Target]= etc
For the feeder write a seperate one for Dec ['Dec', 'Target'] =>
To reference year use the same principal as month, i.e Next and prior attributes.

HTH

Cheers,

Steve
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
kid123

Post by kid123 »

Thank You Steve....

This is a great forum.....Cheers
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Post by Steve Rowe »

Also to simplify your rule and feeder create a consolidation on your version dimension.

So Target Conso = Budget - New + Existing + Renewed

You can the write your rule as
['Target']=N:DB('test ceo',!Year,!Department,!Service Line,!Deliverable Type,!Customer,!CEOD_METRICS,'Budget',!month)
+(DB('test ceo',!Year,!Department,!Service Line,!Deliverable Type,!Customer,!CEOD_METRICS,'Target Conso',Attrs('Month',!Month,'Previous Period'));

and similar for your feeder.

The rule should evaluate faster since you are doing the summation in the version dimension, which is a much more efficient way of doing simple sums.

Cheers

Steve
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk