Create attributes

Apelsin
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: IBM Cognos 9.5
Excel Version: 2007

Create attributes

Post by Apelsin »

Hi everyone! I created a process in Turbointergrator, which add new elements and data from source-cube to cube - receiver. Now I want to create attributes in receiver-cube based on the data in element of measures dimension in source-cube in Turbointergrator. Process shows only dimension of cub-source not elements.... :? :? :?
Could you please help me?
P.S. I am working in TM1 only one month.
ajain86
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.4.1 9.5 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2003 2007

Re: Create attributes

Post by ajain86 »

Use function ATTRINSERT to create a new attribute.

Use function ATTRPUTS or ATTRPUTN to populate the attribute.
Ankur Jain
Apelsin

Post by Apelsin »

Ankur,
;) Probably it will be more clear if I add some details: there is source cube - property additions, where the type of the "addition" is indicated (purchases, capital repair, or internal movement) and there is receiver cube, where all PPE data is stored. I 've made a process to add new data (new element) of PPE to receiver cube.
But there is a capital repair that should inserted as a child into existing asset according to the type of the "addition". Addition an element in measures dimension.

But using AttrPutS(Value, DimName, ElName, AttrName)- I can only assign specific value, however I need values of the (Adddition) element in measures dimension. Is there any function in Turbointegrator as DB or vlookup?
Martin Ryan
Site Admin
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2010

Post by Martin Ryan »

I think you might be looking for cellgetn, cellgets, cellputn and cellputs. This is the TI equivalent of Excel's DBRW and DBS.
Please do not send technical questions via private message or email. Post them in the forum where you'll probably get a faster reply, and everyone can benefit from the answers.
Jodi Ryan Family Lawyer
Apelsin

Post by Apelsin »

I have discovered that these cubes use the same dimension and data of PPE addition is already in receiver cube.
Now I need a formula with following statements:
"If asset is purchased, than it should be added in receiver cube
But if capital repair to the asset is made, than it should be added as subsidiary to the existing element"

I am confused with writing if statements in TI :?
Martin Ryan
Site Admin
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2010

Post by Martin Ryan »

You don't mention if you've already consulted the help files? They explain the two types of if statement. Use the Reference Guide.
Please do not send technical questions via private message or email. Post them in the forum where you'll probably get a faster reply, and everyone can benefit from the answers.
Jodi Ryan Family Lawyer