TM1 not recognizing new security group

NHuser

TM1 not recognizing new security group

Post by NHuser »

Hi,

Has anyone experienced issues with TM1 not recognizing new security groups? I have ensured that the new group is assigned the proper ApplicationSecurity, CubeSecurity, DimensionSecurity and the relevant ElementSecurity (for department and version controls). I then assigned a test user ID to the new group and attempted login through TM1web and got the following error message: “Login Failed. Please Try Again…You (sic) does not belong to any group”.

What's interesting is that when I add an existing security group to the test user ID and attempted login, it works fine and I can access all the departments assigned to the existing and the new groups.

What do I need to do to refresh the system so that it will recognize the new group? I had not had this problem before as I had always been able to add new departments and new security group assignments. Does anyone have any suggestions why this issue would surface all of a sudden.

Thanks!
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: TM1 not recognizing new security group

Post by Alan Kirk »

NHuser wrote:Hi,

Has anyone experienced issues with TM1 not recognizing new security groups? I have ensured that the new group is assigned the proper ApplicationSecurity, CubeSecurity, DimensionSecurity and the relevant ElementSecurity (for department and version controls). I then assigned a test user ID to the new group and attempted login through TM1web and got the following error message: “Login Failed. Please Try Again…You (sic) does not belong to any group”.

What's interesting is that when I add an existing security group to the test user ID and attempted login, it works fine and I can access all the departments assigned to the existing and the new groups.

What do I need to do to refresh the system so that it will recognize the new group? I had not had this problem before as I had always been able to add new departments and new security group assignments. Does anyone have any suggestions why this issue would surface all of a sudden.
I suggest checking your tm1s.cfg file. There's a parameter in there named GroupsCreationLimit. By default, you can create only 20 groups per session. You may need to increase the number using that parameter if you've run out of security groups.

You may want to check the documentation for further details of the parameter.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
Steve Vincent
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2 FP1
Excel Version: 2010

Re: TM1 not recognizing new security group

Post by Steve Vincent »

Have you tried a security refresh (right click server name / security / refresh security )?
If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.
Production: Planning Analytics 64 bit 2.0.5, Windows 2016 Server. Excel 2016, IE11 for t'internet