The Planning Factory
garry cook
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: Various
Excel Version: Various

Re: Number of users

Post by garry cook »

Yeah, we regularly have over 50 concurrent users hitting the system (although these stats are going to be harder to get when we upgrade and lose the }ClientProperties Status field) on a reasonably complex planning and merchandising (at SKU lvl) model without too many issues. They all have Read/Write and they do quite a lot of writing to the system. Reasonably complicated models but also quite tightly fed. We peek at around 70 concurrents on deadline days. Also have quite a few users calling TI's from Excel VBA via the API so there's a pretty constant running of very quick TI's taking place throughout the day. Although I'd like to try and speed it up a bit by tightening the feeders a bit more and putting in a few things, it's perfectly acceptable in terms of speed/stability to our user base and they're generally the harshest critics - "I know this used to take six people three months to do this job but it's so slow - I'm staring at a white screen for 20 seconds to produce this report!".

When there are any stability problems, it seems independent of user count and more related to network stability apart from when mammoth TI's run that can freeze the server for up to 10 mins but that's just the norm for TM1 up to the version we're on.

Planning Manager though (yes, it's still 9.0) is a different story. It's possibly the stickiest, most unstable piece of software I've seen related to TM1 since thier initial stab at TM1 Web. Most annoying thing I've inhereted in this setup. I await with interest the results of our testing of the new planning tool when we upgrade to 9.5.
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: Number of users

Post by Alan Kirk »

garry cook wrote:Yeah, we regularly have over 50 concurrent users hitting the system (although these stats are going to be harder to get when we upgrade and lose the }ClientProperties Status field) {Snip} I await with interest the results of our testing of the new planning tool when we upgrade to 9.5.
You don't lose it if you upgrade to 9.5. (9.1 and I think some 9.4 incarnations is a different story.)

You do, however, have to remember to set the ClientPropertiesSyncInterval parameter in the tm1s.cfg file.

(Does anyone remember when the .cfg file was a nice, simple file with maybe a dozen or more options, rather than having a help file entry the size of the naffing Oxford Shorter English Dictionary?)
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.