Ajay
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.0, PA 2.0.9
Excel Version: 2016

Citrix versus ACS IDS-Links

Post by Ajay »

Hello All,

I am currently deploying 9.0 SP3 U7 (64bit) across Citrix to about 120 global users. Our user count is about to increase to about 250 in the coming months and thoughts turn to resilence and robustness of delivery of TM1 to an even bigger community of global users.

The current Citrix server is your standard 32bit, 2GB box but we are thinking of moving to a farm of three 64bit, 72GB Citrix servers to take advantage of 64 bit TM1 server (72GB). IT have though asked the question on Citrix licensing and whether it is still the best of breed application for deploying TM1, given it's cost.

They've suggested taking a look at ACS IDS-Links. Sooooooo my question is......is there anyone using this to deploy TM1 ? and if so what are your experiences with it and how does it compare with Citrix ?

I myself have never experienced any issues with Citrix, but before considering a switch on the grounds of cost, i need to understand this other product....personally I'd stick with Citrix as thankfully it was implemented by someone who actually knew what they were doing !!!!

Thanks in advance guys.

Ajay
Ajay
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.0, PA 2.0.9
Excel Version: 2016

Re: Citrix versus ACS IDS-Links....Apologies

Post by Ajay »

Apologies all, just been told product is infact called VDI and not ACS IDS.

Sorry
Ajay