how to archive consolidated value as is

telula

how to archive consolidated value as is

Post by telula »

Hello,
I would like to archive October data as Snapshot October(ie. archiving Oct data). However, the consolidation adds up the percentages of all the n levels. How do I over-ride the consolidation for the Snapshot ?
Any suggestions?
ScottW
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: TM1 CX
Version: 9.5 9.4.1 9.1.4 9.0 8.4
Excel Version: 2003 2007

Re: how to archive consolidated value as is

Post by ScottW »

Whatever the rule is for your actual version for the percentage measure needs to be extended to the snapshot version(s).

Eg. your rule probably looks something like this:
['Actual', 'GP Margin'] = ['Gross Profit'] \ ['Revenue'];

Modify the area statement (left hand side of the equation) to include your snapshot versions or remove version elements from the area statement alltogether.
Eg.
[{'Actual','Oct Snapshot'}, 'GP Margin'] = ['Gross Profit'] \ ['Revenue'];
Cheers,
Scott W
Cubewise
www.cubewise.com
Eric
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 2003

Post by Eric »

I wondered something similar. Is there a way to set consolidating cells to manually entered field, possibly by using the STET function?

['Actual', 'GP Margin'] = C:STET;

I do not think so, but someone can correct me if I am wrong.
Regards,
Eric
Blog: http://tm1-tipz.blogspot.com
Articles: http://www.google.com/reader/shared/use ... /label/TM1

Production: 32 bit 9.0 SP2, Windows 2000 Advanced Server. Web: 32 bit 9.0 SP2, Windows 2000 Server. Excel 2003
ScottW
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: TM1 CX
Version: 9.5 9.4.1 9.1.4 9.0 8.4
Excel Version: 2003 2007

Post by ScottW »

Eric,

I'll put your question down to a temporary brain snap! The STET function essentially means that the rule does not apply.

So ... ['Actual', 'GP Margin'] = C:STET; ... would be pointless as it would be the same as having no rule at all. Where there is no rule then of course standard consolidation as per dimension hierarchy structure will apply (and consolidated cells will not be data enterable except via spreading).

The question of allowing data entry for consolidations is interesting. This is of course possible for string data (and for numeric attributes which are really strings in disguise). To achieve this with real numeric data is contrary to TM1 OLAP design principals of consolidating based on hierarchy. Probably the easiest way to achieve this in a TM1 model would be to have a mirror cube with a flattened hierarchy (which would accept data entry for any cell) and a C rule in the cube with the standard hierarchy to pull the entered values from the flattened cube.
Cheers,
Scott W
Cubewise
www.cubewise.com