Resolving Hierarchy issue

JGARF
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2007

Resolving Hierarchy issue

Post by JGARF »

I am currently working with a 64 bit version of TM19.5.1 and I am having difficulty writing a Ti process to create a Hierarchy that conditionally assigns an alias:

My Hierarchy goes like this

Vertical
|__> AOR1
|_> AOR2
|_> AOR3
|_>Expense Center

I was trying to write a TI process that would allow me to create a single alias that would be different for each level of the hierarchy. Essentially, the alias would need to incorporate the Aor- expense center. I had to create a unique element by concatenating the vertical-aor-expense center because the source file had a data issue of one aor being the child of two aors.

any help will be appreciated .
jydell
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: TM1 Build Number: 11.8.01300.
Excel Version: Version 2401

Re: Resolving Hierarchy issue

Post by jydell »

Hi

Not sure of your question but here are some functions that may assist

if you require a function to return the parent element try the "ELPAR" function this returns the parent of an element in a specified dimension
or "ELLEV" function returns the level of an element within a dimension (if you just want the level).

Remembering an alias cannot be repeated in a dimension.

A example of the elements and what you actually require the alias to look like would be helpful. (ie AOR1 requires alias "AOR2-AOR1" alias determined based on its parent etc)

Regards
Michel Zijlema
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1, PALO
Version: both 2.5 and higher
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010

Re: Resolving Hierarchy issue

Post by Michel Zijlema »

JGARF wrote: I was trying to write a TI process that would allow me to create a single alias that would be different for each level of the hierarchy. Essentially, the alias would need to incorporate the Aor- expense center. I had to create a unique element by concatenating the vertical-aor-expense center because the source file had a data issue of one aor being the child of two aors.
If you want to load the same AOR code against multiple elements you should use a text attribute instead of an alias.

Michel