TM1 Administrator

John Hobson
Site Admin
OLAP Product: Any
Version: 1.0
Excel Version: 2020

TM1 Administrator

Post by John Hobson »

I don't suppose anyone has a job description for a TM1 administrator that they could let me see do they? (He asked hopefully)

Thanks

John
John Hobson
The Planning Factory
Steve Vincent
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2 FP1
Excel Version: 2010

Re: TM1 Administrator

Post by Steve Vincent »

If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.
Production: Planning Analytics 64 bit 2.0.5, Windows 2016 Server. Excel 2016, IE11 for t'internet
jim wood
Site Admin
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by jim wood »

I have one for a TM1 developer:

"Liase with the business and devlope TM1 models to help drive it forward". Beleive it or not, that is my job description, written by HR who don't have a clue what I do! :?
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
John Hobson
Site Admin

Post by John Hobson »

Good call but no admin job descriptions there just now.
written by HR who don't have a clue what I do!
Somebody must know surely Jim?
John Hobson
The Planning Factory
Steve Vincent
Site Admin
Version: 10.2.2 FP1
Excel Version: 2010

Post by Steve Vincent »

Hay, if Jim doesn't know then who else could?!! :lol:
(sorry couldn't resist)
If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.
Production: Planning Analytics 64 bit 2.0.5, Windows 2016 Server. Excel 2016, IE11 for t'internet
jim wood
Site Admin

Post by jim wood »

I know what I am doing (Well most days anyway). It's just our HR department being rubbish for a change.

We had a restructure a year or so ago. (This is when I received the above job desrciption) We all had meetings with HR to tell us whether we were at risk or not and tell us what our new position in the company would be. Mine went something like this:

"You're not at risk. Your job title is now TM1 Developer (Was before as well) and you can carry on developing TM1."

In other words you're not at risk because you're the only one in the company that does whatever it is that you do. Funnniest thing ever. It set a record for the shortest review meeting at the time. Everybody elses went on for over 5 minutes. Mine lasted 2. (If that)
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
garry cook
Community Contributor
Version: Various
Excel Version: Various

Post by garry cook »

John, you'll need to butcher but here's the advert I put out last time.

* job purpose:

The main purpose of this role is to provide a backfill for an internal transfer within the TM1 Development team and to create a deputy to the team leader. TM1 is the main tool used for the creation and reporting of Financial data, including Budgeting, Forecasting and the IBP process. The main role of the team is to create and maintain the applications and processes that are required to meet the Company reporting requirements.

* key responsibility areas:

To develop the Tm1 system architecture in line with the requirements of Military Air Solutions. Strive to maintain a low system footprint whilst delivering value added modelling capabilities as required. To work closely with the Financial Accounting and Costbase teams to help guide technical specifications and automate solutions where required. To act as a main point of contact for the TM1 Automated CSR project. To provide deputy leadership to the team in the absence of the team leader.

* additional information:

NA

* advert text:

An exciting and challenging role as a senior system developer is required to enhance the capabilites of the TM1 development team.

You will be responsible for the development of reporting solutions using TM1 which is a business critical system used for reporting Financial, Management and IBP information. You will also be responsible for taking a key role in the project to automate CSR's throughout Military Air Solutions using TM1. As part of this role, you will also be expected to provide deputy leadership to a small team of developers.

You will be expected to develop complex financial reporting solutions based on technical specifications to tight deadlines. There will also be a focus on improving and streamlining the current models in production along with developing the production environment to deliver first class service to the business. As part of this role you will also be involved in driving specification requirement gathering from senior management and will need to be comfortable dealing with and giving presentations to the senior management teams.

Key skills/requirements for this role involve :-

Minimum 2 years experience within a systems development/deployment role (preferably TM1/SAP/Oracle/Cognos).
Strong MS Excel skills required with VBA knowledge a distinct advantage.
A good grasp of financial modelling and/or experience working within a Finance environment.
A logical mindset and innovation with regards to logical problem solving.
The ability to manage own workload and work alone or as part of a project team.

On the job TM1 development training will be supplied to the correct candidate. Any history of systems development and/or administration within an OLAP environment will be a distinct advantage.
Eric
MVP
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 2003

Post by Eric »

Something like this

Try and take over the world
IMoglix alien hunter
Long winded rants - Required!
Expert with throwing a spanner into the mix
Save the world
Other duties as assigned
Regards,
Eric
Blog: http://tm1-tipz.blogspot.com
Articles: http://www.google.com/reader/shared/use ... /label/TM1

Production: 32 bit 9.0 SP2, Windows 2000 Advanced Server. Web: 32 bit 9.0 SP2, Windows 2000 Server. Excel 2003
jim wood
Site Admin

Post by jim wood »

Does this mean that "Brain" would get a job as Tm1 Admin and "Pinky" would get one as a MS SQL 2008 Admin?
Shop at Amazon
Eric
MVP
Version: 9.4

Post by Eric »

Changed the avatar for you. Be happy tried to post myself in a speedo, but the pic was to big, also I cropped the photo, but lets say that image would not have been pleasant for antone else on the forum. :lol:
Regards,
Eric
Blog: http://tm1-tipz.blogspot.com
Articles: http://www.google.com/reader/shared/use ... /label/TM1

Production: 32 bit 9.0 SP2, Windows 2000 Advanced Server. Web: 32 bit 9.0 SP2, Windows 2000 Server. Excel 2003
jim wood
Site Admin

Post by jim wood »

Thanks Eric. Who's Atone Else by the way??? :ugeek:
Shop at Amazon
bihints.com
Version: 9.0.3

Post by bihints.com »

Eric wrote: tried to post myself in a speedo, but the pic was to big, also I cropped the photo
gif animated with zooming or scrolling over the larger pic would be a solution.
However, just like Antone, I'd rather not see that.
John Hobson
Site Admin

Post by John Hobson »

Thanks guys - for all the help - and the now those images that I am struggling to push from my brain.
John Hobson
The Planning Factory