VBA-Functions in TM1 Web

SADELMA

VBA-Functions in TM1 Web

Post by SADELMA »

Hello all,

i try to publish TM1 Excel Perspectives Sheets containing VBA-Functions to Tm1 Web as application-files. My problem is, that the VBA-functions don't work in the TM1-Web. Can u guys help me solving that problem or isn't it possibel to use this functions in the Web?

Thank you in advance!
David Usherwood
Site Admin

Re: VBA-Functions in TM1 Web

Post by David Usherwood »

TM1 Web does not have a live VBA interpreter so Excel VBA is not supported. The docs are reasonable clear about this. It's a shame I agree.
Steve Vincent
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2 FP1
Excel Version: 2010

Post by Steve Vincent »

indeed, TM1web is a VBA free zone, which is why we cannot use it. 9.4 and the much improved Dynamic Slices / Active Forms might be an option tho, depending on what it is you are trying to do.
If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.
Production: Planning Analytics 64 bit 2.0.5, Windows 2016 Server. Excel 2016, IE11 for t'internet
Herman Moller

Post by Herman Moller »

It depends on what you are trying to achieve with your VBA.

If you are on 9.1+ you will be able to use Action Buttons.

As to quote the TM1 9.1 release notes:

Action Buttons

"TM1 9.1 offers the ability to create and define an Action button which enables you to build contextual Websheet navigation and TI process ‘launch’ buttons into your Excel worksheets and TM1 Web applications."
SADELMA

Post by SADELMA »

ok thank you guys. I suspected that result but i couldnt believe it. I have different problems to solve.

One task is to create a checkbox, which gives a "select all" for all other checkboxes by click. Is there a way to do that without VBA?

Thank you again in advance :)
David Usherwood
Site Admin

Post by David Usherwood »

I wouldn't think it could be done without VBA and therefore not in TM1 Web.