Contributor Errors

Goatship
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5
Excel Version: 2007

Contributor Errors

Post by Goatship »

Dear All,

Using Contributor, when take ownership, it shows error message, "There was an error processing the request".

When re-login, or even re-open new Internet Explorer window, after clicking at node, it showed this same messages. This only occurred to some users (with authroization to some nodes of the hierarchy).

Deleting only Client and Group did not solve the problem.

Now as we have found, this error only recovered when we re-create such element of the hierarchy (in Architect Dimension Editor), and reset everything of such node, including Client and Group (contributor user), and other auhorizations.

Any idea of what caused this error?

Thank you.
I'm new to TM1.
Goatship

Re: Contributor Errors

Post by Goatship »

Also, when we tried re-start the moel on another computer, the error to such user still occurred.
I'm new to TM1.
digger
OLAP Product: TM1 and Cognos BI
Version: 10.1.1
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010

Post by digger »

Any resolution on this? We have gotten this message on a few user profiles.
ajain86
Community Contributor
Version: 9.4.1 9.5 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2003 2007

Post by ajain86 »

You have setup security for that hierarchy and that node through contributor and assigned appropriate groups the proper security?

The user is assigned to the group where they are trying to take ownership?

Is the issue occurring for all users in that particular group?
Ankur Jain
Andy Key
MVP
Version: 2.5 to PA
Excel Version: Lots

Post by Andy Key »

If you are getting the error message when you are clicking on the Take Ownership button, the }tp_process_errors cube should tell you which of the Contributor TI Processes is failing and why.
Andy Key
digger

Post by digger »

ajain86 wrote:You have setup security for that hierarchy and that node through contributor and assigned appropriate groups the proper security?
Yes.
ajain86 wrote:The user is assigned to the group where they are trying to take ownership?
Yes.
ajain86 wrote:Is the issue occurring for all users in that particular group?
No, only some users.
digger

Post by digger »

Andy Key wrote:If you are getting the error message when you are clicking on the Take Ownership button, the }tp_process_errors cube should tell you which of the Contributor TI Processes is failing and why.
Thanks will take a look at that.
Goatship

Post by Goatship »

When taking ownership, system auto creates a default sandbox, with a sandbox name looking like, a system generated code in front, then node name.

The system gen code is quite long, that makes the sandbox name exceeds sandbox name character limit, some setting at cfg.

Notice that this problem only occurred to only nodes with a longer name.
I'm new to TM1.
Goatship

Post by Goatship »

sorry this might not answer the initial question. I can't quite recall the situation back then,
but well this is another piece of fact of TM1, on contributor error about taking ownership.
I'm new to TM1.
johnturner
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2010

Post by johnturner »

I've just received the same error message when attempting to Commit data.

It transpires in my case that this was due to the underlying security changing after the sandbox had been started but before it had been saved. If you hit the Submit button, I suspect you will receive an error message telling you exactly what can't be written.

I would suggest that you put the offending user accounts into the Admin group, refresh security, and then try to Commit again.

Good luck!
jojai
Version: 9.5 and 10.1
Excel Version: 2010

Post by jojai »

Goatship wrote:Dear All,

Using Contributor, when take ownership, it shows error message, "There was an error processing the request".

When re-login, or even re-open new Internet Explorer window, after clicking at node, it showed this same messages. This only occurred to some users (with authroization to some nodes of the hierarchy).

Deleting only Client and Group did not solve the problem.

Now as we have found, this error only recovered when we re-create such element of the hierarchy (in Architect Dimension Editor), and reset everything of such node, including Client and Group (contributor user), and other auhorizations.

Any idea of what caused this error?

Thank you.
Hi all, i had the same problem, this occurred because TM1 cant find the user to create the Default sandbox, searching in TM1 control dimension }clients my users have a weird space between the AD\ of Active Directory and user name for example:
AD\ username

solved:
AD\username

I solved it changing the names of these users in TM1 control deleting the space between AD\ and the user name i hope this can help anyone searching a answer to this error because this post are a little old.

Regards