TM1 9.1 SP4, Bug on Print Report?

Helmar
Version: 9.1 SP4
Excel Version: 2003

TM1 9.1 SP4, Bug on Print Report?

Post by Helmar »

Hello,

found out recently, that Print Report functionality disregards DBRA formulas to be hardcopied, even though 'Create Snapshot' option is activated.
Tried this hardcopy option with other TM1 formulas (DBRW, ELPAR, ELCOMP, SUBNM, DIMIX, DIMNM), which all worked fine - except DBRA.

Could anyone confirm this issue? If yes - will it be resolved in higher versions?

Thanks & best regards!
Helmar
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Re: TM1 9.1 SP4, Bug on Print Report?

Post by Steve Rowe »

Hi Helmar,
Can't say I've noticed this but then I don't use the functionality often. Perhaps someone can point you in the right direction.
I've moved your post from the Bug forum since they are for bugs that have been formally raised with IBM.

Cheers,
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

As yet (9.5.1 HF11) the Perspectives print report functionality still does not support rebuilding active forms so I wouldn't holding my breath for this to be fixed ...

(simple workaround for this particular bug, change the DBRA formulas to DBRW to the }ElementAttributes cube for the dimension, or DBR if there are DBRWs that rely on the attribute values.)
Helmar
Version: 9.1 SP4
Excel Version: 2003

Post by Helmar »

Hello lotsaram,

good idea, which probably should work. Just wanted to reassure myself, whether it's a bug or a feature... :D

Thanks a lot for your help!
Helmar
Olivier
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: Tm1 10.2.2fp4 -> 2.09
Excel Version: Excel 2013 - 2019

Post by Olivier »

Hi,

I am just hitting this using 9.4mr1.
As yet (9.5.1 HF11) the Perspectives print report functionality still does not support rebuilding active forms so I wouldn't holding my breath for this to be fixed ...
Does it mean you would not recomend to try to use the 2 tools combined ( Active form + print report) ?

Or does it mean to be used combined with a few restrictions at this stage ? (depending on version ectect).

i.e the active form formulas are refreshed ( equivalent to Shift +f9) but the structure remain static and keep the format of the current state of the active form ?

I just lodged a service request to ibm about an issue with active form burst using print report.

My key issue is that my TM1RPTROW formulas disapear during the refresh process when i choose to print the report in multiple workbooks using excel snapshot method.

I noticed also that all rows dependant from a TM1RPTROW formula are kept as is and retrieve the data

So my output looks something like

Active form1
TM1RPTROW => Empty, Empty, Emptyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
subsetmember2 =>Data , Data, Dataaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Active form2
Active form3
Active form4
Active form5
subsetmember2 =>Data , Data, Dataaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
subsetmember3 =>Data , Data, Dataaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
subsetmember4 =>Data , Data, Dataaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I could live without a rebuild but i need my TM1RPTROW to refresh :cry:

I can see a work around but it sounds very ugly...(anticipate the behaviour and adapt my subsets, I don t think so ?!!??)

Will I have to come back to VBA just to manage the print/burst of active forms ? :cry:

Hope, i am clear enough...

Any idea welcome...
HTH
Olivier