TM1Web - File does not exist

armas

TM1Web - File does not exist

Post by armas »

Hi

I have an Excel file as an application in my TM1 server.
I access the file with no problem from the Architect and Perspectives.

Then when I go to TM1 web and try to open it then get the error: "File does not exist: ...."

Any comments??
Ivan Cepero

Re: TM1Web - File does not exist

Post by Ivan Cepero »

Make sure that the web server (IIS) has the access to the folder.
armas

Post by armas »

Where should I look at??
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

armas wrote:Hi

I have an Excel file as an application in my TM1 server.
I access the file with no problem from the Architect and Perspectives.

Then when I go to TM1 web and try to open it then get the error: "File does not exist: ...."

Any comments??
This will commonly happen in the following circumstances:
(a) You upload a workbook from a network drive that you can see, but the TM1 server can't. For example, many networks have a Home drive (say, an H:\ drive) for employees to store their own work. You can see your home drive, but the server can't.
(b) Rather than using the "Save Workbook On TM1 Server" menu item on the Excel TM1 menu, you use the Add File... command in Server Explorer.
(c) The default option for that dialog is "Add The File As A Reference". If you do that, you'll be able to see the file in Perspectives because the reference to the file is valid on your own desktop. The Web server, on the other hand, won't have a clue where the file is since it has no idea about the drives that are mapped on your Windows login.

The solution is to re-upload it changing the option button to "Copy the file to the TM1 Server". That way a copy of the file will be on the web server, where Web can find it.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
ASEVEREYNS

Post by ASEVEREYNS »

Hi,

Another case when I've seen the (in this case rather confusing) "File does not exist" message is when the server is using an English locale and the client (Internet Explorer) is using a non-English locale. For some reason the reference to the published MS Excel file cannot be interpreted correctly then. If this is indeed the cause of the problem in your case, you can check:

* If the problem persists after you change your client Internet Explorer settings to English-US as the 1st (default language) by going to Tools => Internet Options => Languages (in the General tab).
* If there is an entry like "old format or invalid type library" in the TM1 Excel service log (by default located in C:\Program Files\Cognos\TM1\Bin). This is in my experience also an indication of different locale settings issues.

Hope this helps.

Anthony
Martin Erlmoser
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1, Cognos Express,..
Version: 9.1.4 FP1
Excel Version: 2010

Post by Martin Erlmoser »

ASEVEREYNS wrote:Hi,

Another case when I've seen the (in this case rather confusing) "File does not exist" message is when the server is using an English locale and the client (Internet Explorer) is using a non-English locale. For some reason the reference to the published MS Excel file cannot be interpreted correctly then. If this is indeed the cause of the problem in your case, you can check:

* If the problem persists after you change your client Internet Explorer settings to English-US as the 1st (default language) by going to Tools => Internet Options => Languages (in the General tab).
* If there is an entry like "old format or invalid type library" in the TM1 Excel service log (by default located in C:\Program Files\Cognos\TM1\Bin). This is in my experience also an indication of different locale settings issues.

Hope this helps.

Anthony
if you use an language with "," als comma seperator you can get problems in tm1web when you use "english" as IE language. (when you try to enter 1,11 tm1web converts it to 111 - very funny. sometimes you can't enter a value like 1,11 because the webserver is expecting a "." as seperator.. when you try it with "." it also doesn't work)
better when you install MUI for office on the webserver.

(tm1* is funny in multi language environments)