Reorder dimensions Values disappear

Dave

Reorder dimensions Values disappear

Post by Dave »

We tackled a big cube, looking for the ideal dimension order.

This 12 dimension cube was taken down to about 50% of it's original size, so we hapily accepted the new order.

But when opening the default view, there seem to be no values left. The cube still has a significant size, so there definitely must be data left. Unfortunately we can't get the values to appear.

Any idea where we could have gone wrong or what could be the cause? Only solution is placing back the situation before the reorder ?
David Usherwood
Site Admin

Re: Reorder dimensions Values disappear

Post by David Usherwood »

Sounds unpleasant. I have used dimension resequencing for some time (early versions had issues, but since 8.4.3 it has seemed OK).
Which version/point release of TM1 are you on? I'm expecting to hear 9.1.x....
Might be worth trying to export the cube to a flat file and see what comes out. If it's mainly rule driven make sure ruled values are included in the view. Much as I love TM1 I do find that there are times when a flat view is easier to work with.
Steve Vincent
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2 FP1
Excel Version: 2010

Re: Reorder dimensions Values disappear

Post by Steve Vincent »

Same, i've reordered cubes plenty of times and never had data go missing. Might just be a broken view, try deleting the views for the cube and start them again.
If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.
Production: Planning Analytics 64 bit 2.0.5, Windows 2016 Server. Excel 2016, IE11 for t'internet