How to update cube?

rfielden
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5.2
Excel Version: 2007

How to update cube?

Post by rfielden »

Still being that TM1 newbie and learning by school of hard knocks, how can I add a new data value to a cube. I have defined the query, information is being pulled correctly, correct number of variables have been mapped to dimensions, but when I select update cube (maps-cube), I get the following err msg:

The dimension count in the specified cube does not match the number of dimension element variables.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks, Rick.
Attachments
update_cube_screen_shots.doc
Screen Shots of Variables and Dimensions
(55.5 KiB) Downloaded 513 times
Last edited by rfielden on Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BigDSter
Version: 9.4.1

Re: How to update cube?

Post by BigDSter »

Have you got a screenshot of the variables tab of the TI and one of the dimension list for the cube involved? Ta
David Newton
Burtons Foods
paulsimon
MVP
Version: PA 2.0.5
Excel Version: 2016

Post by paulsimon »

Rick

Looking at the screen shot of your dimension tab, you don't seem to have mapped any of the variables to dimensions. You need to pull down the list alongside each variable and pick the appropriate dimension. Then you should be OK.

Regards

Paul Simon
BigDSter
Version: 9.4.1

Post by BigDSter »

I'm surprised you can get to that tab and not the Maps/Cube one, usually won't let you if you don't have the correct number of dimensions specified.
David Newton
Burtons Foods
rfielden
Version: 9.5.2

Post by rfielden »

We are unable to get to the maps->dimensions tab if we select to update cube action. That is when we receive the error message. If action is None, we can successfully enter dimensions.
Martin Ryan
Site Admin
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2010

Post by Martin Ryan »

Can you also post a screenshot of the your cube, expanded in Server Explorer so we can see the list of dimensions?

Count up the number of dimensions you have in your cube, and then check if that's seven (the number of "elements" you've got in the TI process) I would guess the problem is that you have an eighth dimension, e.g. 'Measures', that you haven't got in your source file.

If this is the case then in your TI variables tab click on "New Variable" and assign a variable that you can use for the eighth dimension, e.g.

Code: Select all

measure='Count';
You'll need it to be available in the Data tab. Set that variable up to be a content type of "element" as well.

Martin
Please do not send technical questions via private message or email. Post them in the forum where you'll probably get a faster reply, and everyone can benefit from the answers.
Jodi Ryan Family Lawyer
paulsimon
MVP
Version: PA 2.0.5
Excel Version: 2016

Post by paulsimon »

Rick

I am still confused by the screen shot that you attached. You said that all the variables are mapped to dimensions, but your dimension tab has no settings. Is TI jumping you to this Tab after you get the error on the Cubes Tab? I think a screen shot of your cube dimensions, and all the tabs that you go through in the process would help. It is not entirely unknown for TI to get confused when you move between tabs in anything other than the standard order. You might get some benefit by going back to the variables tab and then to the cubes tab, then the dimension tab. It would also be worth recreating the TI process to see if the same error occurs again. You should check the number of dimensions again. It you have a DATA variable on your Variables Tab then you should have as many variables marked as ELEMENT as there are dimensions in the cube.

Regards

Paul Simon