size of action buttons

Tilo

size of action buttons

Post by Tilo »

The TM1 help shows action buttons with different size. Nethertheless I found no possibility for settings regarding this. The action button remaines always in the same size regardless if I change the text length or text size. Where is my fault?
Martin Ryan
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2010

Re: size of action buttons

Post by Martin Ryan »

From memory (I don't have 9.x) these are just Excel's buttons, so there are two ways of doing this.
-> View menu -> Toolbars -> Control toolbox, then select the design icon. You can now click on the button and drag it around
or right click on the button, (then you may need to right click again on the edge of the button) and drag to the size you wish.

Martin
Please do not send technical questions via private message or email. Post them in the forum where you'll probably get a faster reply, and everyone can benefit from the answers.
Jodi Ryan Family Lawyer
Lukas Meyer

Re: size of action buttons

Post by Lukas Meyer »

tip: if you use the hyperlink-layout and have a white background on your sheet - color the background for positioning and resizing of the action-button. Although it is fun to try to get the action button right without really seeing it, some mean people could say this would be "inefficient". So if it is possible that mean people look over your shoulder, color the background (or show the grid lines - this helps too :) )

(this information is from 9.1 on excel 2003 - could be far better on office 2007 - although I hate it so very, very much I doubt anything good can come from it - besides the uninstaller which comes in handy...)