MSidat
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1, PA
Version: PAL 2.0.8
Excel Version: 2016

Getting a Parent - Dynamic Subset

Post by MSidat »

Hi All,

We have a process that enables users to change a hierarchy via an XLA. Once changed this heirarchy change could affect a series of mapping cubes which we have. I am developing a process wherby users can be notifed if their low level numbers have been affected by a recent heirarchy change.

Most of the process has already been created wherby the dimension in question (the one that could be changed via the XLA) is recreated each night via a chore with a different name so that we can compare that one (Shadow Dimension) with the latest one. But before it is recreated we interoggate it with another TI to see if it has changed over the course of the day.

The only changes that can occur are that nodals (who have only one parent) can change parents. The nodals belong to a certain Project which i can easily derive. once the Project is derived I need to populate a 2 dimensional cube (clients and projects) with a marker to say that, that project heirarchy has changed and these users have not been notifed yet. Once they have been notfied via the xla the marker is removed.

Now the problem is a Project can be either a standalone one or it can rollup into other Projects as well. So if it is a standalone one I need to populate a marker for that project as well as any other Project that it relates to. So inorder to find which projects it belongs to I have a dynamic subset which filters it by pattern but I cant seem to refilter the found elements to give me just the 1st Parent of each of the found elements. The 1st Parents will then give me the final list.

So basically Is there a way of refiltering found elements in a dynamic subset to give you just their first parents?
Always Open to Opportunities