Rules Editor:Fonts Lost

TheMichael

Rules Editor:Fonts Lost

Post by TheMichael »

While working on my rules and making a chance, literally just changing “ATTRS('Cul Customer Market',!CulCustomerMarket,'Adhoc') @= 'RET'” to “ATTRS('Cul Customer Market',!CulCustomerMarket,'Adhoc') @= 'W/S'’ and clicking on Save, TM1 Froze up on me. After getting back into my Rules Editor all my Fonts and Formats (Row Heights, Colors, etc) have been lost…
Anybody else ever had this happen to them ?
Eric
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 2003

Re: Rules Editor:Fonts Lost

Post by Eric »

If you use a combination of the rule editor and xdi files is it very likely this will happen.
Regards,
Eric
Blog: http://tm1-tipz.blogspot.com
Articles: http://www.google.com/reader/shared/use ... /label/TM1

Production: 32 bit 9.0 SP2, Windows 2000 Advanced Server. Web: 32 bit 9.0 SP2, Windows 2000 Server. Excel 2003
ScottW
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: TM1 CX
Version: 9.5 9.4.1 9.1.4 9.0 8.4
Excel Version: 2003 2007

Post by ScottW »

What version are you working on? From your description is sounds like 8.1 - 8.3 where custom formats for rule formatting were stored in .blb files. Rule formats being lost is quite a common occurrence/bug in these versions. I would suggest that you edit rules in the Excel rules editor (xru files) as for one this then won't happen and secondly there are many more features available that the older versions of the rule editor simply don't support such as find/replace, code regionalisation (using Excel outlining), using additional columns for commenting, simple rule archiving via additional tabs, etc, etc.

Word of warning, if you choose to use the Excel rule editor then this really needs to be enforced as a business process. If rules are subsequently edited and saved with the backend rule editor then any formatting or additional features set up in the xru file will be lost.
Cheers,
Scott W
Cubewise
www.cubewise.com
TheMichael

Post by TheMichael »

I'm working on 9.0 SP3 actually...anyway it's not a major issue. Just a very annoying one. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.