Dynamic Slice Right Click in Excel Prob

garry cook
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: Various
Excel Version: Various

Dynamic Slice Right Click in Excel Prob

Post by garry cook »

Somewhere up in the sky, a celestial being obviously hates me.

I've moved jobs and have now inherited a chunk of stupid dynamic slice driven files that I need to update. Sadly, since I hated dynamic slices ever since their inception and have always leant towards VUSLICE as a much more sensible option (albiet prior to ActiveForms), I have not looked at these for ages. Long term I'll change them to either active form or VUSLICE driven files but in the short term, I need to change the subsets that some of the views are based on.

Having convinced myself that you used to be able to right click on the column containing the elements from a dimension to do the Dynamic Slice/Format View/Edit Subset mash, I was most confused to see that no option is available for this (Goes Data Spread/Holds/Nothing on the right click menu).

I then checked the user guide to check I wasn't mad. I'm not. It's clearly demonstrated on the PDF that this option should be there.

I am however sat with these needing changed without the option for changing the subsets used by the slice.

Anyone know what I've done to offend the IBMCoglix machine and how I can get this option back on my right click (or any way of changing the subsets that some of the dims are set to in a dynamic slice)? It's version 9.0 SP2 I'm on.

Cheers folks, blokes and Alan ;)

Update time - everyone else here has this option except me. Turns out I really have offended someone :(