harrytm1
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: IBM Planning Analytics
Version: Latest version
Excel Version: 2003 to 2019

Qn on TM1 License

Post by harrytm1 »

Hi all,

I have some questions concerning TM1 licenses.

Firstly, let's say this company acquires 2 TM1 Admin IDs and 10 User IDs. Of course, after installing TM1 Server, the default "Admin" ID is available. Does it mean that the company can only create one more TM1 Admin ID? If they REALLY want to have a customised ID name for both Admin IDs, they will have to create the 2nd one, then DELETE the default "Admin" Admin ID, and create another one, thus still ending up with 2. Or does IBM discount the default one and allow the company to create another 2 admin ID?

The 2nd question concerns the server license. We are all aware of the difficulty in downloading TM1 from IBM. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but is it possible (in a licensing perspective) to use the SAME installation file and install TM1 server and application on Company A and Company B when both companies had acquire TM1 separately from IBM? Is there an unique license code somewhere that ties to a specific customer? If so, this will mean that each customer must download their own software by logging into IBM and provide the customer code just so that IBM can assign the unique license code.

Many thanks in advance.
Planning Analytics latest version, including Cloud